Who are we?
The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is a global, non-profit trade association for the translation and localization industry. As a membership organization, we support our member companies and the globalization sector by creating communities, championing standards, sharing knowledge, and advancing technology.
What do we do?
- GALA is a worldwide, independent community for the business side of translation, localization, and interpreting.
- We offer a non-biased platform for information-sharing, collaboration, and professional development.
- GALA publications, programs, and events help global language industry professionals improve individual and organizational performance to meet the demands of multilingual markets.
- We create and support efforts to strengthen the language industry through standards, projects, and initiatives at GALA and in partnership with other organizations and institutions.
- GALA actively promotes translation, localization, and interpreting as essential components of global business.
- GALA advocates for the importance of translation, localization, and interpreting to policymakers, educators, and governments.
Who are our members?
GALA members are companies and organizations around the world that:
- Provide language services, including translation, localization, interpreting, globalization, internationalization, and more;
- Develop technology and software in areas such as translation, analytics, terminology, workflow, and others;
- Use language, translation, localization, and interpreting services and technologies to reach their global audiences and markets;
- Provide language education, training, and professional development;
- Offer consulting to improve strategy and implementation for multilingual operations.
See our complete list of GALA members.