This policy is effective as of 01 October 2015.
1. WHO WE ARE:
2. WHO THE USERS ARE:
3. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You can browse the Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personally-identifiable information about yourself. Once you give us your personally-identifiable information by registering for an account to use the Services or by becoming a Member of GALA, you are no longer anonymous to us and you agree to allow us to transfer and store your information on our servers located in the United States. The type of personally-identifiable information that we may collect and store includes the following, but this may change in the future (so check back frequently):
- Your name, user or Display name, and job title.
- Your email address, company name, and location.
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information from your visit and interaction with the Sites, the Services, and the content of the Sites and Services, including statistics on what search terms you use, which pages you view, which stories you read, which choices you make while using the Services, and traffic to and from the site.
- Your correspondence through the site, comments you may make and correspondence you send to us.
We may also collect a variety of non-personally-identifiable information that is not sufficient to identify you or locate you, such as your age, your gender and your general interests.
4. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
4.1 Personally-Identifiable Information.
Our primary purpose in collecting personally-identifiable information is to provide Users with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. For instance we may use your personally-identifiable information to:
- a. provide the services and customer support you request;
- troubleshoot technical or billing problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customize, measure, improve, and expand the Services;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement activities.
4.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information allows GALA to monitor, measure, analyze, improve, and troubleshoot the Services. We may choose to share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for industry and content analysis, your feedback, demographic profiling and other similar purposes. All information shared with third parties will be limited to aggregated statistical data and will not be data about any specific identifiable individual.
5. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION?
Your web user information is stored on a cloud web hosting environment (Pantheon) or on other environments maintained by our service providers. We are not directly involved in maintaining data security or privacy, but instead hire professional service providers to ensure that all your data is protected with tools such as encryption and passwords. We require that our service providers use up to date and secure technology to ensure the privacy, safety and security of your data.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personally-identifiable information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally-identifiable information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
We cannot absolutely guarantee that third parties will not unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or information from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personally-identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION?
7. WHEN WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
We may disclose personally-identifiable information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that content violates the rights of others, or to protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations We may also share your personally-identifiable information with:
- Other third parties to whom you specifically ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise specifically notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy we will not otherwise disclose your personally-identifiable information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
8. HOW DO WE TRACK DATA?
We may use industry-standard technologies, such as cookies, to track your use of our Sites and Services. A “cookie” is a small file that is stored on your computer that helps us to maintain a more secure site and provide a better experience for you. These methods also allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on the Sites and our Services, as well as give us a way to measure our performance.
9. WHAT ABOUT LINKS YOU MIGHT ENCOUNTER WHILE USING THE SERVICES?
10. HOW OLD DO I NEED TO BE TO USE THIS SERVICES?
Our site is only for Users who are at least 18 years old. We do not permit those under 18 years of age to use the Sites or Services, and we do not knowingly keep any personally-identifiable information about people under 18. If you submit this information to us by mistake, contact us with the details and we will remove the information.
11. WHAT OTHER TERMS APPLY TO USE OF THE SERVICES? WILL THESE TERMS CHANGE?
12. WHAT IF YOU WANT US TO REMOVE YOUR PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
To modify or delete your account settings, please follow the procedures set forth on the Sites. Please note that we may maintain information about Users or individual transactions in order to service that transaction and for record keeping
13. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS ARE DIFFERENT.
California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of personally-identifiable information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The Act further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or standard mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personally-identifiable information you do not want us to share with affiliated businesses or marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personally-identifiable information or requesting this notice
14. HOW DO YOU CONTACT US?
You may contact GALA at the following address:
Globalization and Localization Association
4000 NE 41st St., Suite 201
Seattle, WA 98105
Tel. (U.S.) +1 (206) 494-4686