GALA is committed to giving academic stakeholders access to GALA's resources and community.
Growth in our sector projected to skyrocket in the coming years and GALA recognizes the importance of attracting qualified talent to the language industry. By connecting academia and business, we help to develop relationships and pathways that enable new professionals to embark on successful localization careers after graduation. We also provide faculty with access to the latest industry trends and our wealth of industry materials to use in the classroom.
With a GALA membership you can:
- Access GALA’s diverse professional development center (blogs, articles, webinars)
- Submit content for publication and proposals to speak at events
- Discover GALA, member, and industry events
- Get a discount on conference registration
- Connect with peers and meet industry experts
- Join Special Interest Groups
- Apply for the Rising Star Scholarship and volunteer opportunities
- List your program in the Academic Member Directory
- Be part of a thriving global professional community
GALA's free academic membership is open to universities, colleges, and degree-granting institutions. It includes full access to member benefits. The GALA Academic Membership is university-wide, which means that all staff, faculty, and matriculated students with a valid university email address are able to create user profiles and engage with the association. The membership admin manages the renewal and users must be a faculty or staff member; students are not eligible to serve as the university membership admin.