GALA Strategic Framework and Mission
Download GALA's Strategic Framework (PDF)
Vision and Mission
Vision: To be the voice for the language industry and the resource for the language business.
Mission: GALA supports its members and the language industry by creating communities, championing standards, sharing knowledge, and advancing technology.
- Language service providers
- Language technology providers
- Buyers of language services and technology
- Educational and research organizations
- Global reach
Provide member value: Develop programs and services that anticipate, meet and exceed members’ needs.
- Fulfill needs of our different constituencies, relative to company size, focus, and locale.
- Enable peer-to-peer exchange; provide cross-communication channels leading to better interconnectedness.
- Build a community; give members a place to go for support, encouragement, insight, and perspective.
- Help members run their businesses better through targeted programs and activities.
Build an effective association platform: Manage organizational structure, culture, and resources to deliver sustainable benefits.
- Optimize association performance.
- Ensure healthy balance of activity streams.
- Make GALA a great place to work and volunteer.
- Uphold transparency and reporting.
Be the go-to source: Deliver knowledge and foster exchange to promote professionalism in the language industry.
- Examine, define, and defend the evolving role of the language business.
- Provide meaningful education, training, information and data.
- Encourage and nurture language businesses.
- Support dialog and collaboration within the industry.
Serve as the voice for the industry: Promote the value of language to the greater business community and society as a whole.
- Heighten public understanding of the economic and social value of language:
- Demonstrate the economic value of language for business.
- Promote the idea that translation equals access.
- Support activities to show that language facilitates humanitarian efforts.
- Promote and support government programs for language diversity.
- Position members as business and social leaders.