Translations.com Releases GlobalLink Project Director 2.0
Next-Generation Enterprise Software Application Streamlines Management of Translation for Global Organizations
NEW YORK, NY (July 15, 2009) – Translations.com, the global leader in enterprise language services and translation-related technology products, today introduced GlobalLink™ Project Director 2.0. The centerpiece of Translations.com’s industry-leading GlobalLink Suite of translation software, GlobalLink Project Director 2.0 provides business users with a flexible, scalable platform to coordinate all translation activities for both online and offline requirements across the enterprise, reducing internal and external costs, speeding time to market, and improving overall content quality.
According to Translations.com President and CEO Phil Shawe, “Managing translation efforts across multiple internal users, business units, file formats, external vendors, and IT environments has historically been a very challenging undertaking. The current release of Project Director changes the game by providing companies with an advanced workflow management tool that allows them to produce the translations they need within faster turnaround times, while also yielding content that is more consistent and of higher quality. Of course, the most immediate and tangible benefit Project Director customers will experience is a dramatic reduction in translation expenses.”
GlobalLink™ Project Director 2.0 highlights include:
- Configurable Workflow: Features a unique, object-oriented workflow engine that allows customers to build custom processes by simply dragging and dropping icons for different process milestones.
- Sophisticated Web UI: Gives users the power of a desktop application combined with the speed of a browser-based user-interface. Efficient navigation paths with tabbed dialogs and wizards ensure that virtually any feature can be accessed in four mouse clicks or less.
- Multiple Front-End Translation Memory Tools Supported: Supports many of the major end-user Translation Memory tools on the market, including GlobalLink TransStudio, Alchemy CATALYST, Alchemy PUBLISHER, Trados, Wordfast Classic, and Wordfast Pro.
- Business Process Automation: Gives users the option to employ powerful business process automation for features such as change detection, file parsing routines, and machine translation. Helps to dramatically reduce the project management time associated with localization projects.
- Customizable Reporting: Quickly generates information about project components like localization spend, vendor performance, and Translation Memory statistics with GlobalLink™ Project Director 2.0’s advanced reporting engine. Analyze data based on business user or unit, project type, language, vendor, and other key metrics.
- Vendor Management: A completely vendor agnostic application, Project Director’s integrated vendor management module stores information about vendor rates, capabilities, preferred file types or other relevant data that can be selected on a project level or pre-configured based on user generated criteria.
- Server-Side Translation Memory: Integrates seamlessly with GlobalLink™ TM Server, providing translators with a collaborative environment where Translation Memory files can be accessed quickly and efficiently, and can be shared in real-time by any number of linguistic resources from anywhere in the world.
- Advanced Client Review Portal: Offers a sophisticated web based review portal that gives globally distributed client reviewers the ability to review, revise, and comment on translations with an integrated glossary checker and filters designed to streamline the entire review process.
Translations.com is a leading provider of software, website, and enterprise-wide translation services, as well as translation-related technology products. Translations.com solutions allow customers to conduct business more effectively in international markets. The company has a global presence on four continents and services a variety of clients with dedicated practice groups for every major industry. Translations.com is part of the TransPerfect family of companies. For more information, please visit www.translations.com.