SDL GlobalConnect 3.0 Delivers Integration with SDL BeGlobal: New Release Enables RightNow Customers to Leverage the Power of SDL BeGlobal within RightNow Answers
LOS ANGELES – SDL is pleased to announce the availability of SDL GlobalConnect for RightNow Answers 3.0. This latest release integrates SDL GlobalConnect with SDL BeGlobal, the industry’s first cloud platform for real-time automated translation, launched at the end 2010. Access to this revolutionary platform enables RightNow (Nasdaq: RNOW) customers to leverage new capabilities within their existing deployment of RightNow CX, the customer experience suite, to accelerate global, multilingual communication with their customers.
As with previous releases of SDL GlobalConnect for RightNow Answers, RightNow customers are enabled to send answers for automated translation from within the RightNow Answers interface. Each answer is returned as a translated, sibling answer with a TrustScore, an automatically generated score of 1 to 5 that indicates the utility of the translation. This score enables the content manager to know whether the translated answer is good enough to publish, or if it should be reviewed – even if the manager does not know the foreign language. This functionality has proven to reduce publishing times of foreign language content for customer support organizations in large global companies.
With SDL GlobalConnect for RightNow Answers 3.0 and the integration with the SDL BeGlobal platform, RightNow customers receive additional benefits:
- Brand consistency controls: Through SDL BeGlobal’s terminology management functionality, content managers can now manage global brands and terminology lists directly within the SDL BeGlobal user interface. Terms & brands can then be consistently applied across all languages within SDL GlobalConnect for RightNow Answers.
- Trusted quality: Through the TouchPoint and TrustScore capabilities in SDL BeGlobal, business users can define the quality required for publishing content to meet customer needs. A different TrustScore can be set for each language and type of content to enable additional control over the publication quality.
- Secure & private: Unlike free alternatives for automated translation, the SDL BeGlobal platform offers the security and privacy required by enterprise customers.
- Reporting and Analytics: Administrators can now access data through an easy to use portal to report on usage of SDL GlobalConnect for Right Now Answers across the organization. This enables them to determine ROI and opportunities for growth. In SDL BeGlobal, TouchPoints enable business users to set the language, content type, quality requirements, and schedule for each type of translation. Additional TouchPoints can be created for each department or division to enable easy cross charging, billing and reporting by division or department.
- Elimination of manual tasks: Many customers provide links to other knowledge base answers online so that customers can easily access related answers within the same search. These Answer Links are now automatically updated to eliminate the need for content owners to update them manually.
- Positioned for growth: SDL BeGlobal is an easy-to-use, central web-based platform in a private enterprise cloud. It can scale easily to meet the needs of customers that want to translate additional types of content, more languages, or add new RightNow interfaces. Through simple integrations, this platform can also improve global communication within additional business applications processes.
“SDL GlobalConnect for RightNow Answers has been well received in the market because it streamlines the translation process for business users and encourages better communication across languages,” said Swamy Viswanathan, senior vice president of products and marketing for the Language Technologies Division at SDL. “By adding the integration with the SDL BeGlobal platform to this new release, we have given RightNow users more power to deliver trusted, branded communications across languages, and an opportunity to easily expand global communication initiatives within other applications and business processes.”
SDL is the leader in Global Information Management. Global Information Management enables companies to engage with their customers throughout the customer journey–from brand awareness, to sales and after-sales support–and across languages, cultures, and channels. SDL’s best-of-breed Web Content Management, eCommerce, Structured Content and Language Technologies, combined with its Language Services, drive down the cost of content creation, management, translation, and publishing. SDL solutions increase conversion ratios and customer satisfaction through targeted information across all customer touch points. Global industry leaders who rely on SDL include ABN-Amro, Bosch, Canon, CNH, FICO, GlaxoSmithKline, Hewlett-Packard, KLM, Microsoft, NetApp, Philips, SAP, and Sony. SDL has over 1500 enterprise customers, has deployed over 170,000 software licenses, and provides access to on-demand portals for 10 million customers per month. It has a global infrastructure of more than 60 offices in 35 countries. For more information, visit www.sdl.com
About SDL Language Technologies
SDL’s Language Technologies division helps companies manage their communications with customers in different languages. The solutions ensure consistency of style and brand, automate manual processes in managing multilingual content, and provide instant, automated translation of content. The solutions also ensure translators can reuse content and improve their productivity in content and software localization.
Media Contacts: Hannah Grap, SDL Americas
Amy Hall, SDL Europe and Headquarters+44 1628 410120
Richard Delanty, SDL Asia Pacific
+81 90 6695 5313