SDL announces availability of SDL Passolo 2007
SDL Passolo 2007 provides support for Windows .NET 3.0 framework and integration to SDL Trados
SDL Maidenhead, United Kingdom -- SDL, the leading provider of Global Information Management (GIM) solutions and world’s largest provider of software localization tools, today announced the launch of SDL Passolo 2007, the latest version of the award-winning visual software localization tool.
Introducing localized product to global markets is one of the key challenges being faced by many organizations. By adding support for Microsoft’s .NET 3.0 framework, this new version of SDL Passolo 2007, will allow companies to optimize their software localization projects. Resulting in reduced time-to-market, a reduction in effort and lower associated cost of creating multilingual content for global markets.
SDL Passolo 2007 tightly integrates with SDL Trados 2007 to maximize the reuse of translation memories and terminology. By leveraging existing Translation Memories and corporate Terminology Data Bases, SDL Passolo 2007 helps drive significant improvements in efficiencies and consistency into software User Interface (UI), online help and user documentation.
The new cutting-edge technology of SDL Passolo 2007 brings many business benefits:
• Reduced Cost – SDL Passolo 2007 will reduce the process time and associated costs of creating multilingual software applications and related supporting documentation (online help files and user documentation)
• Improved Consistency – Direct access to existing translated content and approved terminology allows SDL Passolo 2007 to improve the accuracy, quality and consistency of localized software
• Support for Latest Platforms – The new version offers a full visual editing environment of the latest Microsoft localization technology Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and localization support for all Windows development platforms such as .NET 3.0, Windows 64 bit and Delphi 2007.
• Integrated Localization Suite – SDL Localization Office suite, a combined offering of SDL Trados 2007 and SDL Passolo 2007, provide an integrated solution supporting virtually any localization project
• Extended Support - Direct display of source files for additional context information when working on XML, Java and text files without visual support.
To find out more please visit: http://www.sdl.com/pr-passolo
The enhanced integration with SDL Trados technology allows seamless access to existing translations and terminology, while other improvements will offer better support for rich content types like HTML and XML.” said, Florian Sachse, Managing Director of the SDL Passolo Business Unit, “Providing localization tools built on a common infrastructure allows end users to select their tool of choice, while still accessing common translation memories and terminology data bases. This is an important step in the integration roadmap.”
SDL is the leader in Global Information Management (GIM) solutions that empower organizations to accelerate the delivery of high-quality multilingual content to global markets. Its enterprise software and services integrate with existing business systems to manage the delivery of global information from authoring to publication and throughout the distributed translation supply chain. Global industry leaders rely on SDL to provide enterprise software or hosted services for their GIM processes, including ABN-Amro, Best Western, Bosch, Canon, Chrysler, CNH, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Philips, SAP, Sony, SUN Microsystems and Virgin Atlantic. SDL has implemented more than 400 enterprise GIM solutions, has deployed over 150,000 software licenses across the GIM ecosystem and provides access to on-demand translation portals for 10 million customers per month. Over 1,000 service professionals deliver consulting, implementation and language services through its global infrastructure of more than 50 offices in 30 countries. For more information, visit www.sdl.com
Nicola Bogle (SDL)
+44 (0)1628 417225
Helen Cleaves (Lewis)
+44 (0) 20 7802 2626