GALA Announces New Board Officers for 2013
The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) has announced the following new officers on its 7-person Board of Directors for 2013:
- Chair – Fabiano Cid (Ccaps Translation and Localization, Brazil)
- Vice Chair – Robert Etches (TextMinded Danmark)
- Secretary – Terena Bell (In Every Language, USA)
- Treasurer – Joël Sigling (AVB Translations, Netherlands)
GALA also announced the following Board liaison roles:
- Collaborative Research & Standards – Kim Harris
- Events – Véronique Özkaya (Xplanation, Belgium) and Robert Etches
- Marketing & Public Relations – Terena Bell
- Membership – Diego Bartolomé (tauyou, Spain)
- Programs – Joël Sigling (AVB Translations, Netherlands)
In addition, outgoing Board member Serge Gladkoff (Logrus, USA/Russia) will continue in his volunteer role as Standards Director for the association.
“Being elected as the GALA Chair is such a thrill and a challenge,” said Cid. “I sincerely appreciate the trust my colleagues on the board and the membership have put in me. We have many an exciting enterprise ahead of us, and I will make sure that we move ahead together, supported by the four pillars of the GALA Strategic Framework.”
The new Board and officers will be present at GALA’s annual meeting at its Language of Business conference 2013 to be held 17-20 March in Miami (for more information, visit www.gala-global.org/conference).
# # #
The Globalization and Localization Association is the largest global non-profit association within the language industry, providing resources, education and research for companies working with translation services, language technology, and content localization. GALA member companies are vendors and buyers of language services and technologies. They deploy sophisticated multilingual strategies and proven tools to take content and products to markets around the world. For more information, visit www.gala-global.org.