GALA Announces 2017 Board Positions
The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) today announced the following offices for the 2017 Board of Directors:
- Chair – Jesper Sandberg (Sandberg Translation Partners, United Kingdom)
- Vice Chair – Klaus Fleishmann (Kaleidoscope GmbH, Austria)
- Secretary and Marketing/PR Liaison – Sabina Jasinska (Donnelley Language Solutions, United Kingdom)
- Treasurer – Wafaa Mohiy (Saudisoft, Egypt)
- Conference Program Committee Liaison – Pedro Gomez (Microsoft, USA)
- Ambassador Liaison – Tea Dietterich (2M Language Services, Australia & France)
- Membership Liaison – George Zhao (Boffin Language Group, Canada)
“I am honored to be elected as Chair for the GALA Board of Directors,” said Jesper Sandberg. “My fellow board members and I will aim to develop programming, promote the association’s values, and provide meaningful business and professional growth opportunities for GALA’s member companies.”
All board members will be present throughout GALA’s 2017 Language of Business Conference, taking place 26-29 March in Amsterdam. We encourage everyone to attend the association’s annual meeting on Wednesday morning at the event. For more information, visit www.gala-global.org/conference.
# # #
The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is a global, non-profit trade association for the language industry. As a membership organization, we support our member companies and the language sector by creating communities, championing standards, sharing knowledge, and advancing technology.