GALA Announces 2016 Board Positions
Jan 27, 2016 – The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) today announced the following offices for the 2016 Board of Directors:
- Chair – Véronique Özkaya (Xplanation, Belgium)
- Vice Chair – Jesper Sandberg (Sandberg Translation Partners, United Kingdom)
- Secretary – Manal Amin (Arabaize, Egypt)
- Treasurer – Robert Etches (TextMinded, Denmark)
- Ambassador Liaison – Tea Dietterich (2M Language Services, Australia & France)
- Membership Liaison – Klaus Fleishmann (Kaleidoscope GmbH, Austria)
- 2017 Conference Program Committee Liaison – Wafaa Mohiy (Saudisoft, Egypt)
“The language industry is a dynamic place to be right now,” said Véronique Özkaya. “Being elected as Chair for the GALA Board of Directors during this time of growth and evolution in the industry, and in our association, is truly an honor. My fellow board members and I are focused on providing ongoing value, with learning and development opportunities for GALA’s 400+ member companies.”
The new Board and officers will be present at GALA’s annual meeting following the Language of Business Conference 2016, 20-23 March in New York (for more information, visit www.gala-global.org/conference).
# # #
The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is the world's leading trade association for the language industry. As a non-profit membership organization, we support our member companies and the language sector by creating communities, championing standards, sharing knowledge, and advancing technology. More information: www.gala-global.org.