GALA Announces 2015 Board Positions
The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) today announced the following offices for the 2015 Board of Directors:
- Chair – Robert Etches (TextMinded Danmark, Denmark)
- Vice Chair – Véronique Özkaya (Xplanation, Belgium)
- Treasurer – Diego Bartolomé (tauyou, Spain)
- Secretary and Ambassador Liaison – Jesper Sandberg (Sandberg Translation Partners, United Kingdom)
- CRISP Lead – Serge Gladkoff
- Membership Liaison – Manal Amin
- Events and Programming Liaison – Tea Dietterich
“I feel truly honored to be re-elected as Chair, and to be leading such a strong Board into an exciting year for GALA,” Etches remarked. “We are now a four-hundred strong association with a membership embracing commerce, educational establishments and language solution partners. This Board, and our wonderful team of GALA Ambassadors, is determined to ensure that we truly empower the GALA membership with a new level of access to industry resources and initiatives. And we can hardly wait to get started!”
The new Board and officers will be present at GALA’s annual meeting following the Language of Business Conference 2015, 22-25 March in Sevilla (for more information, visit www.gala-global.org/conference).
# # #
The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is the world's leading trade association for the language industry. As a non-profit membership organization, we support our member companies and the language sector by creating communities, championing standards, sharing knowledge, and advancing technology. More information: www.gala-global.org.