E.g., 11/18/2019
E.g., 11/18/2019

First Kilgray Translation Technologies User Conference a Great Success

memoQ Translation Technologies


Wednesday, 6 May, 2009

120 participants from 22 countries come together in Budapest to gather information from sessions around MemoQ, MemoQ Server, and TM-Repository

Budapest (May 2009) - Kilgray Translation Technologies invited users and partners to its first user conference held on 23-24 April in Budapest.

The pre-conference day was dedicated to workshops; the main conference days were opened with a keynote speech from Jost Zetzsche and followed by sessions presented by experts from the language industry. Each day was framed by entertaining programs such as excursions in Budapest, a sightseeing boat trip cruise on the Danube and a gala dinner.

Out of the 120 conference attendees 60% were already users of Kilgray’s language technologies such as MemoQ or the MemoQ Server, whereas the remaining 40% joined the conference in order to get in-depth information in sessions, workshops, and by networking with experienced users. A main interest was the support of open standards by Kilgray’s language technology, which allows free choice of tools for the user.

After the success of this premier event Kilgray plans further user conferences for the upcoming years, as the management team consisting of Balázs Kis, Gábor Ugray, István Lengyel, and Peter Reynolds announced in the closing session where the board was answering questions from the audience regarding the company, Kilgray’s development plans, and vision.

The conference attendees reported 100% satisfaction, therefore Kilgray plans to continue this success story with further user conferences in the next years.