E.g., 11/13/2019
E.g., 11/13/2019

Centrum Lokalizacji C&M to Start a Revolution in Terminology Control

Centrum Lokalizacji CM


Tuesday, 10 February, 2015

Terminology control in inflected languages — such as Polish — is one of the biggest challenges in translation technology. The market offers numerous tools for checking terminology, however, they will only detect the terms in their basic grammar form. Inflected forms, that are most commonly used in sentences, are considered to be errors. As a result, such tools are extremely inconvenient to use, because the number of false errors significantly outnumbers that of true ones. Even the use of the so-called lemmatization (a feature available, e.g. in the Language Tool bundle) will not solve the problem because the glossaries of basic forms often do not contain specialized terminology.

C&M has come up with a solution to this problem, and it works in 95% of cases. The remaining 5% can be additionally defined as exceptions. At present, the program works for the English-Polish and German-Polish language pairs. Another advantage is the operating speed of nearly600,000 operations per second. This means that it takes less than a minute to check terminology in a 100-page text with a glossary that contains 1000 terms.

The program supports bilingual files in the TTX, TMX, XLF, and SDLXLIFF formats, as well as glossaries in the MS Excel format, and MultiTerm termbases.

You can download the demo version here:. http://www.cmlocalization.pl/keystonetm.php

Centrum Lokalizacji C&M is one of the leading language service providers operating in the Central and Eastern European market. C&M is carrying out advanced works on machine translation (MT), human-aided machine terminology management and quality control tools. The company is a member of international and domestic trade associations, including GALA, TAUS Data Association, and PSBT.

randomness