Call for 2019-2020 GALA Board Candidates
Monday, 17 September, 2018
Seattle, Washington, USA (17 September 2018)
The Globalization and Localization Association is currently accepting candidates for four open positions on the association’s Board of Directors. Individuals from member companies are invited to submit their candidacy by 03 October 2018. The term of office is for two years: 01 January 2019 through 31 December 2020. Candidates should be at the decision-maker level and endorsed by their company.
The GALA Board of Directors is responsible for the strategic direction of the association. The group meets regularly to discuss the association's direction and goals. During their tenure, board members should be prepared to devote time to GALA-related activities including:
- A monthly board meeting generally conducted via conference call (though the board may conduct more frequent meetings as deemed necessary)
- In-person annual board meeting in connection with the GALA annual conference (March)
- One ore two other face-to-face meetings co-located with major industry events
- Regular calls with member companies (approximately two per month)
- Leadership on specific association initiatives
Candidate statements and brief biographies will be posted to the GALA website in October. We will distribute a ballot to the voting contact at each GALA member company. Each member organization will receive one ballot. The voting contact will cast votes for four different candidates. The four candidates with the majority of the votes will be elected.
Members interested in running for office should submit their application here by 03 October 2018.