We talk a great deal about innovating our services, but very little is mentioned about innovating sales practices beyond matching our value proposition with buyers. How can we innovate sales to connect better with and retain customers? In this presentation we will explore this issue from various angles:
• Exploiting AI & technology in ways that will work for LSPs – automating certain sales tasks such as customer research and information gathering, as well as some forms of communication to maximise selling time
• Looking 18 quarters ahead – understanding where customers are going (i.e. selling to the future)
• Instilling creativity in the sales process – investing in innovative sales strategies (examples will be provided)
• Over-investing in the right customers with ABM and ABS (Account Based Marketing/Account Based Sales) - focusing efforts on strategic business, from both account acquisition and customer retention standpoints
• Rewarding relentlessness – true sales success is persistence combined with some or all of the above. Being relentless in the marketplace and what this REALLY looks like (it is not 100 calls per day)
Jessica Rathke is a sales strategist, consultant, coach and trainer for the language services industry and has helped LSP’s in 47+ countries improve sales performance. She is currently Principal at London- and Austin- based Localisation Sales & Marketing. Jessica has 26 years of localization sales, management and marketing experience for leading language service providers.
Jessica holds an MBA and has Bachelor of Arts degrees in Foreign Affairs and German from Miami University in Ohio, USA . She also pursued post-graduate studies in German at the University of Salzburg. She is currently working on the next level of coaching certification with the International Coach Academy