Translation Vendor Manager (APAC based)
As a Translation Vendor Manager you will be responsible for selecting a number of linguists as well as building strong relationships with them and the IQVIA™ Translations Services team. You will be part of an international team of dedicated language experts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) delivering high-standard translation services. You should enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and are a strong team player and communicator who always remains result-oriented. Outstanding networking and problem-solving skills will allow you to play a key role in the effectiveness and success of IQVIA™ Translations Services operations. In this role you will report directly to the Director of Vendor and Language Management.
- Be a strategic partner in delivering on translation time and cost effectiveness commitments to clients
- Manage relationship with existing linguists, select additional linguists and keep all linguists engaged with IQVIA™ Translations Services and our mission to help creating a healthier world.
- Work with Production to identify resource gaps as well as anticipate the recruitment of new resources in line with project assignments and business objectives
- Test resources, negotiate rates, set up onboarding sessions and maintain relevant performance metrics.
- Act as a link between team leaders, project managers and linguists
- Be the financial point of contact for linguists to manage cost reports and funnel cost related feedback.
- Work closely with Team Leads, the Operations Director and the Head of Operational Excellence and other internal stakeholders to track linguist performance and implement initiatives to meet and exceed language effectiveness requirements in order to ensure that all budget and deadline requirements are met.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES
- Proven experience working with databases of freelance linguists, managing assignments, contracts and payments
- Ability to multitask and work on priorities
- Experience designing and developing new processes and tools
- Experience working in international environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and presentation skills at a cross-functional level
- Continued attention to detail and accuracy
- Organisation and self-motivation with strong time management skills and ability to independently handle a variety of requests at the same time and work well under pressure
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change effectively and constructively
- A sound understanding of translation and localisation processes and workflows is a strong asset
- Fluency in one or more non-English languages is a strong asset
- Experience working with a language services provider is an asset, especially in the Life Sciences industry
- A sound knowledge and understanding of translation technologies and best practices is an asset.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in a linguistic, business or HR field or at least 2 years of experience in vendor management in the language services industry.
- Experience working with usual Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
19 May 2023