Translation Operation Intern - German and English
Translation Operation Intern - German and English
Wayfair is looking for a candidate to be a part of our global Translation Operations Team. You will support the in-house Translation Team in their daily translation project management and help drive improvements to our processes.
As a Translation Operations Intern, you will support translation projects across a growing number of requested languages and help ensure quality for translations from English into German. You will partner closely with Merchandising, Localization Engineering, Creative/Copy teams. Additionally, responsibilities will extend to freelancer communication, translation memory and glossary maintenance, and support recruiting of a pool of freelance translators in order to optimise quality and capacity to meet current and future business needs.
About the Translations Operations Team
The Translations Team at Wayfair is working to provide “best-in-class” localised and translated experiences for all our end customers, suppliers and employees in their preferred language. We balance out quality, speed and cost by establishing scalable processes and offering flexible translation workflows. You will work as part of our international team, where you’ll be supported to learn and grow. Our team is a mix of creatively thinking and data-driven people who collaborate with a large number of different business stakeholders, allowing you to get to know many sides of a rapidly growing e-commerce enterprise.
Responsibilities will include:
Translation/ Internal Coordination
● Support end-to-end translation projects of teams across multiple languages using our
translation management tools and systems, including regular communication with
colleagues on various translation projects
● Support recruiting and onboarding for our pool of 60+ freelance translators
● Help educate stakeholders on translation processes, nuances and best practices
● Support QA of German translations and maintenance of quality assets (translation
memory, style guide, glossary)
● Help identify technical and process issues or blockers and identify process improvement
● Assist in maintaining and expanding our translation assets (e.g. translation memories,
● Possess strong problem-solving capabilities and excellent organisation skills
● Detail-oriented and communicative
● Ability to structure and analyse data
● Ability to create clear workflows and to improve on existing ones
● Build good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
● Ability to organise tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment and to work within tight
● Ability to work with remote teams across multiple time zones
● Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English and German
● Bachelor's degree in translation, linguistics, communications or a related field
● Solid knowledge of the Microsoft/Google Suite, particularly spreadsheets
What will put you ahead of the curve:
● Experience working with CAT tools
● A passion for technology (e.g. databases, query/scripting languages) is highly desirable
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
If you are you having any difficulty submitting your application, please reach out to our careers team at [email protected]
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected] If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected]
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
Berlin - Hybrid (3 days a week)