Tamil Quality Analyst - Khan Academy
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, non-profit with a mission to provide free world-class education to anyone, anywhere. Our team in India has set out to make this happen for learners across the country, in schools and at home, in their native languages.
Our content is free for students and made up of instructional and practice resources. We cover a range of subjects including Math, Science, Economics, Computer Science and more. We also have free tools for teachers and parents to track student progress.
Today, we serve 100 million learners globally and 3 million in India. We also work closely with governments and schools. Our work in India is largely funded by Tata Trusts.
ABOUT THE INDIA CONTENT TEAM
Our content team in India includes the content creators who make thousands of awesome videos, articles, and practice questions, aligned with the Indian curriculum, to help both teachers and students. We are actively working on content localization in multiple regional languages as well, which means the content you help create will reach a wider number (both nationally and globally), thereby multiplying the impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Math expert whose native language is Tamil and is fluent in English. If you are proud of your mathematical abilities, and are well versed in both English as well as in Tamil, then this role is tailor made for you. This is a 6 weeks contract position translating into 20-25 hours per week.
- Evaluate the quality of the Tamil content on metrics shared by Khan Academy India (KAI).
- Document the errors spotted in the content and maintain a record of the type of errors.
- Evaluate the content quality by assessing the quality of content pieces randomly sampled by the KAI team.
- Evaluate the overall quality of KAI Tamil website based on the metrics shared by KAI.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in math and having great command of English and Tamil languages.
- Teaching or tutoring experience at the K-12 or university level, giving you a deep empathy with teachers and classrooms.
- Impeccable knowledge of Tamil language (which includes familiarity in reading, writing key mathematical terms in Tamil).
- You’re a quick learner and have the ability to quickly implement your learnings.
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Google docs, Google sheets)
- Attention to detail and a good eye for aesthetics.
- A true passion for education and a desire to change the world for the better
Duration: 6 weeks
This is a paid remote opportunity. There is no location preference. The total remuneration for this position is INR 50,000 (including taxes) for a 6 week contract period.
How to apply
Please email your resume and any other materials to [email protected]
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until