Scope of Job:
To provide specialized professional skills in planning and executing complex translation and interpreting projects for the University or external clients. Responsible for translating, editing, proof-reading publications and documents from English to Spanish, including online materials in order to meet deadlines and quality standards for the University. Coordinate complex translation projects involving additional translators within the University or external agencies.
• Translates routine and complex publications and documents from English into Spanish (and occasionally vice-versa) including online materials to meet deadlines and quality standards for the university.
• Reviews and revises the translations of individual print and online texts produced by external translators and other members of the team to ensure the quality and consistency of Spanish materials.
• Edits and proofreads individual print and online publications to ensure the quality and consistency of materials in Spanish.
• Helps in designing and supervising organizational flow for complex projects
• Plans and schedules all translation services, including supervision of assigned staff.
• Contributes to the establishment and growth of a bilingual terminological pool for the institution at several levels.
• Oversees and conducts the maintenance of specialized translation software.
• Plans and handles the decision making process of complex translation projects. Interprets simultaneously or consecutively between languages in written and oral form at university events as required.
• Communicates regularly with internal and external groups.
• Coordinates translation services for the institution.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Translation and Interpreting, Spanish or other closely related degree from an accredited university. Three (3) years of experience as a professional translator/interpreter/reviser. Must be able to speak, read and write in English and Spanish fluently.
Please submit your application via the Careers website: https://careers.utrgv.edu
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
31 August 2023