Senior Project Manager
For 35 years, Eriksen Translations has been a leading provider of multilingual services in more than 100 languages. In addition to translation, Eriksen offers web and multimedia localization, typesetting, interpreting, and transcreation. Eriksen partners with New York City and State agencies along with major companies in finance and insurance, health care and education, nonprofits and NGOs, as well as museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
Located in downtown Brooklyn, Eriksen offers a uniquely creative, diverse, and dynamic work environment. With talented staff and an extensive network of linguists, the company has earned an excellent reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry.
Eriksen seeks a Senior Project Manager local to New York, but able to work remotely. In this role, you will oversee and manage translation projects for New York City and State agencies that provide assistance to vulnerable New Yorkers. On a daily basis, you will play a critical role in helping to make public resources and information accessible to New Yorkers with limited English proficiency.
To succeed in this position, you must maintain a flexible approach and provide outstanding customer service. You are a team player with a strict eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple projects in many languages at a time. With a passion for language and communication, you embrace cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Production, you will be the primary point of contact for your clients, managing their translation requirements.
- On a daily basis, you will plan, schedule, and manage multiple client projects in many languages, ensuring same or next-day delivery.
- Besides translation, projects to be managed include typesetting and accessibility components
- You will work closely with other project managers to ensure deliverables meet clients’ needs
- Meet with internal production team for kick-off meetings and progress reports.
- Assemble and supervise project teams, including linguists, typesetters, technical support, and QA specialists.
- Communicate regularly with the vendor manager and assist with vendor communications and negotiations. Cultivate strong relationships with vendors. Manage costs and issue purchase orders.
- Oversee memoQ TMs.
- Track key account metrics.
- Follow all established quality assurance procedures.
- Build strong relationships with your clients through open communication and responsiveness.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years’ relevant language industry experience. Hands-on project management experience required
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of one or more languages, in addition to English
- Self-starter who excels at problem solving and is able to prioritize among competing tasks
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Flexible, goal-oriented team player
- Customer-service focused
- Experience with memoQ required; experience with XTRF a plus
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen's benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition and gym membership reimbursement, and generous time off. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented environment. Please visit www.eriksen.com for more information.
Please click here to apply.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until