Quality Assurance Programs Manager - Remote
My client, fast growing medium-sized Language Services Provider (LSP) needs an experienced Quality Manager to oversee and manage their Quality organization. You will own, design, execute, measure, and improve QA programs end to end. In the process, you will build a Quality Assurance team to ensure the organization delivers exceptional customer experience.
The ideal candidate has deep expertise in quality assurance for language services, including ISO certifications and other language industry standards and two or more of the following: linguist testing, linguist resource acquisition and vetting, linguist training, localization project management, translation project management, and language training.
- Utilize best practices and tools to ensure highest standards of service clients.
- Measure KPIs and deliver insights to support Leadership on the opportunities and risks in service quality.
- Develop, implement, and manage a scalable Quality Management System across various lines of services and industry verticals.
- Champion, role model, and embed our cultural principles (respect, responsibility, results, and customer centric) as we scale globally and across new offices and client accounts.
- Oversee the recruitment of and conduct training for quality control personnel to ensure an effective work unit.
- Evaluate project specifications across service lines and formulate risk-appropriate QA strategy.
- Manage ISO, ASTM, and similar compliance programs, including certification and recertification requirements.
- Initiate and execute both our English and Foreign Language Testing and Certification project to include creating assessments, setting grading standards, overseeing proctoring procedures, and correcting and grading assessment tasks.
- Conduct Linguistic Risk Analysis and develop specifications and guidelines for freelance translators and QA professionals
- Develop a vendor logbook to rate linguists based on quality and turnaround time; share the feedback and quality assessments with inhouse project teams and vendors.
- Coordinate with functional business units within PGLS to resolve any issues facing the quality control area; extend assistance to the same departments when requested.
- Update and upgrade existing welcome packages to reflect new quality standards, policies, and overall guidance.
- Provide support for new vendors (individual linguists & companies).
- Coordinate development and management of lexicons and glossaries.
- Conduct quality control training for Managers and Admin Staff when needed.
- Recommend and oversee cross-training activities to ensure no one area is left exposed at any time.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- B.A./B.S., preferably in education, engineering, or another quantitative discipline.
- 10+ years professional experience, including 5+ years managing a quality program.
- Strong program management skills, including, cross-functional leadership, systems. thinking and process design, and data-driven decision making.
- Flexible, proactive, and can adapt within ambiguous environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage internal and external reviewers and Quality Control teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail, efficient time-management, and strong organizational skills.
- A strong sense of teamwork and the ability to build good relationships.
- Self-starter, quick-learner, quality-focused and proactive.
- Understanding of differences in cultures and languages.
An Ideal candidate also has:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile Project Management Certification.
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt or higher certification.
- Experience and understanding in localization project management and best practices.
- Experience managing LQA as well as subject matter expert review implementation.
- Experience with Language Quality models such as MQM and DQF.
- Experience using localization CAT tools as well as Language Quality tools.
- Experience managing Translation Memories and Glossaries, Style Guides.
- Strong bias for action, the ability to think big, and insistence on the highest standards.
Quality Assurance Programs Manager
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
31 December 2022