Publishing and Localization Project Coordinator
Within the Multilingual Editorial Production department (MEP), the Publishing and Localization Project Coordinator organizes and monitors the editorial, production and translation process of a variety of individual projects in all the languages supported by the IB to ensure they are completed efficiently, on time, to budget and in accordance with the department’s quality assurance framework.
- Identifies project team members, organizes and leads the Core Collaborative Team meetings to determine high level scope of the project.
- Gathers and logs information from project stakeholders and analyzes it (including computer assisted translation tool analysis) in order to scope projects; communicates outcome to all parties.
- With input from internal linguists as and when needed, provides linguistic and cultural advice to content authoring departments in relation to translatability, cultural sensitivity of content and adherence to IB language policy.
- Within existing quality assurance framework proposes a project approach taking into account efficient use of resources, availability of linguists, funds and time.
- When requested, monitors the departmental general mailbox to identify urgent service requests, processing them or escalating them for reallocation when necessary.
- Monitors progress of all key stages of projects to ensure their timely completion and transition to the next stage, sending reminders and asking confirmation that each step is on track.
- Reports on potential delays to all affected parties and renegotiates deadlines accordingly.
- Receives and processes files at the end of each stage, checks for integrity and repackages them for the next contributor in the chain of production.
- Liaises with assigned content authoring departments to assess and review their current and future publishing and translation needs and shares the data with the Multilingual Editorial Production management team.
- Drafts service level agreements with assigned content authoring departments for final approval by management and monitors compliance, suggesting updates to the agreements as and when necessary.
- Monitors publishing and translation expenditures for assigned content authoring departments to ensure they are kept within the allocated budget and to prepare quarterly budget forecast, highlighting changes and discrepancies.
- Reports regularly on publishing and translation activities status for assigned content authoring departments.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in translation management or languages
- 4+ years’ experience of translation project coordination
- Some experience as a translator
- Excellent command of the English language, equivalent to that of an educated native English speaker
- Professional command of one or more additional IB working languages (French and/or Spanish
The IB is an equal opportunity employer. It provides employment opportunities to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ethnicity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic status, or status in any group protected by federal, state, or local laws.*
"This job is offered on local terms and conditions and is at will."
The International Baccalaureate provides world-class educational services to over 5500 schools across 159 countries. A career at IB is not just a job; it’s an opportunity to work with an innovative world leader of education services and contribute to our 50-year mission of creating a better and more peaceful world. Apply now to join our global organization where we empower our employees to thrive and make a difference.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
Bethesda, Maryland, United States