Founded by CEO, Mohamed Hussein, in 2013, Piedmont Global Language Solutions (PGLS) is a minority-owned Language Services Provider (LSP) dedicated to advancing the global mission and interests of its partner businesses and institutions.
PGLS is a leading provider of comprehensive multilingual Translation, Interpretation, and Language Training solutions in over 200 languages and dialects.
Headquartered in the Washington D.C. area with team members spanning eight time zones and five continents, PGLS embodies a passion for language and a commitment to excellence.
At PGLS, we are committed to a culture of investment, serving our mission and the missions of those we serve. Our commitment is guided by three uncompromising foundational core values of respect, responsibility, and results.
RESPECT: We treat others with professionalism, dignity, and respect. We communicate clearly and honestly while fostering an environment of growth and innovation.
RESPONSIBILITY: We lead by example, considering the impacts of our actions on each other, our partners, and our global community. We are accountable and take ownership of our actions and decisions to promote a solutions-oriented environment.
RESULTS: We are committed to a people centric approach, establishing lasting partnerships and proactively delivering exceptional services, advancing the global mission and interests of those we serve.
Our culture is ambitious, supportive, and bold. We solve problems faster by sharing insights and knowledge with each other. Our team is talented and driven; always taking opportunities to both teach and learn as we challenge each other. We celebrate success and recognize those who go above and beyond. We are PGLS!
Due to our significant and exciting growth, we are looking for an experienced Proposal Writer/Manager (PW/M). In partnership with both the commercial and government business development departments, the PW/M will be responsible for planning, creating, producing, and delivering compliant proposals. The PW/M will run proposal kickoff meetings, develop client service solutions, facilitate key meeting reviews, document production, and delivery of the completed proposal.
The ideal candidate has experience writing and managing federal government-centric proposals, has proven abilities in planning, creating, producing, and delivering compliant proposals, and has working knowledge of the language services industry.
This is a part-time, fully remote position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
All of the below functions are essential for this position.
- Deliver compliant, professionally-produced proposals within client-defined timeframes, to include:
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs); identify key requirements and expectations (specifically sections L, M and C); develop proposal outlines and schedules.
- Lead and manage the proposal effort, including various proposal meetings (e.g., kick-off, progress meetings, color team/gate reviews), win theme development.
- Draft, consolidate, and revise/edit the technical solution text, so the text and solution remain consistent throughout the proposal response.
- Develop concepts for proposal graphics based on ideas contained within the proposal text, as needed.
- Assemble and review the proposal team’s inputs, including material from teaming partners and subject matter experts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience writing and managing federal government-centric proposals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and virtual meeting platforms.
The ideal candidate also has:
- Language services industry experience
- DoorDash DashPass membership
- Commuter benefits for onsite employees – paid parking or metro contribution
PGLS is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
It is the policy of PGLS to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, nationality, or ethnicity (including color, caste, or ancestry), religion, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity policy, PGLS will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
To request a reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to PGLS at [email protected]
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce.
PGLS participates in the E-Verify system.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
26 May 2022