Project Manager - Translation Services (USA)
The Project Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the successful execution of translation projects across various industry verticals. With mentoring from senior team members, the Project Manager works to continuously refine project management and customer service skills, and also actively contributes to the smooth functioning of the translation department and the company’s strategic goals.
This full-time job opportunity is for our head office based in Elkins Park, PA. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia, PA through public transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages assigned projects/accounts from inception to delivery, serving as the client’s primary contact.
- Workload is focused on simple and/or repetitive projects.
- Follows established procedures for translation project management and quality assurance.
- Performs administrative tasks relevant to each project (scheduling, issuing purchase orders, etc.).
- Consults with senior team members to resolve any issues.
- Reviews, proofs and/or performs translations in language pair(s) as needed.
- Pursues continuing education relevant to Project Management or an area of specialization.
- Attends webinars and onsite and/or offsite training sessions.
- Identifies an area of strength in which to specialize and actively works to build expertise and become a resource for the team.
- Engages in strategic management tasks to further the development of the Translation Services team and the company as a whole.
- Participates in the deployment of new technologies/processes.
- Generates ideas for continuous improvement.
- Participates in company-wide initiatives (monthly/annual meetings, employee survey, etc.)
- Represents the company from time to time at conferences, lectures and networking events.
- Contributes to building a strong vendor pool and relationship maintenance with vendors.
- Submits requests for recruitment of vendors for a given language, specialty, rate, location, etc. when a need is apparent or anticipated.
- Provides feedback on vendor performance.
- Participates in and/or contributes to webinars and vendor communications.
- Performs other duties as directed.
This job requires at least a Bachelor’s degree and some experience coordinating projects and assigning resources. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Key job characteristics are excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English as well as time-management, organization, and negotiation skills. The incumbent must also demonstrate strong computer skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, and the high energy needed to work in a fast-paced environment. He or she must be pro-active in assessing needs, risks, and opportunities, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Fluency in a language other than English is strongly preferred. Knowledge of Trados or another CAT tool is a plus.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office environment, bulk of time spent at computer. Occasional attendance at company events outside of normal working hours. Requires high energy to handle fast-paced conditions. Project deadlines can create stressful conditions. Eyestrain and repetitive stress injuries are concerns.
All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. The Company retains the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
15 July 2021
Elkins Park, PA, USA