Eriksen Translations is a woman owned, independent LSP based in Brooklyn, NY, with a footprint that extends throughout North America and beyond. For 36 years, Eriksen has helped clients communicate with domestic and international audiences. Working in more than 100 languages, Eriksen sustains long-term relationships with major companies in finance, insurance, law, creative services, health care, and education, as well as New York City and State agencies, nonprofits, NGOs, and leading museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
With talented staff and an extensive network of linguists, Eriksen has earned an excellent reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry. Over the past two years, the company has experienced exponential growth and has recently been named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies.
Eriksen seeks a Project Manager based in Europe to work remotely. In this role, you will oversee and manage translation projects for U.S. government agencies that provide assistance to vulnerable New Yorkers. On a daily basis, you will play a critical role in helping to make public resources and information accessible to New Yorkers with limited English proficiency.
To succeed in this position, you must maintain a flexible approach and provide outstanding customer service. You are a team player with a strict eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple projects in many languages at a time. With a passion for language and communication, you embrace cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Production, you will be the primary point of contact for your clients, managing their translation requirements.
- On a daily basis, you will plan, schedule, and manage multiple client projects in many languages, ensuring same or next-day delivery. This includes:
- Preparing different file types for translation (Word, XML, Excel, IDML)
- Working closely with the QA team, assisting with query handling and technical issues
- Tracking project progress and linguist performance
- Besides translation, projects to be managed include typesetting and PDF accessibility components
- You will work closely with other project managers to ensure deliverables meet clients’ needs
- Meet with our internal production team for kick-off meetings and progress reports.
- Assemble and supervise project teams, including linguists, typesetters, technical support, and QA specialists.
- Communicate regularly with the vendor manager and assist with vendor communications and negotiations. Cultivate strong relationships with vendors. Manage costs and issue purchase orders.
- Oversee and maintain memoQ TMs and multilingual term bases
- Track key account metrics.
- Follow all established quality assurance procedures.
- Build strong relationships with your clients through open communication and responsiveness.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- You have a successful track record of engaging with clients and delivering results that will help them achieve their goals.
- You have a growth mindset and a thirst for knowledge.
- You have a passion for languages and communication, and social justice causes.
- You thrive in a high-growth environment and continuously seek better ways of working.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years’ relevant language industry experience. Hands-on project management experience required
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of one or more languages, in addition to English
- Self-starter who excels at problem solving and is able to prioritize among competing tasks
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Flexible, goal-oriented team player
- Customer-service focused
- Experience with memoQ required; experience with XTRF a plus
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural, team-oriented environment. Please visit www.eriksen.com for more information.
Click here to apply. Please submit your resume/CV and cover letter along with your salary requirements.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until