Localization Specialist - French
Are you looking to combine your excellent language and editorial skills, translation and localization experience, and passion for travel into one great job in Marketplace and Yield?
The translator position at Expedia Group offers this mix in a fast-paced, multi-cultural and productive environment.
The successful candidate will work together with our international teams all over the world to allow all Expedia Inc. brands to operate with a truly global ‘Best in Class’ localization quality solution.
This role is a 12-month FTC.
What you’ll do:
• Translate, transcreate and localize Expedia Inc. branded websites and associated content from English into in their native language
• Localize and maintain through periodic releases the UI (User Interface) for all Expedia Inc. brands
• Localize and maintain through periodic releases all mobile APPs and mobile websites
• Create SEO-friendly and marketing-oriented articles to promote specific destinations
• Support the SEM Teams in localizing URL, keywords, key phrases for SEM campaigns
• Localize and maintain hotel content for all the Expedia Inc brands
• Support the company initiatives and process all related requests within the specific SLA
• Localize HR documentation
• Localize training material and related documentation for internal users and external clients (hoteliers)
• Localize and maintain automatic emails to customers and hoteliers, newsletters, marketing emails
• Localize marketing and merchandizing material, including banners and promotions for the specific market
• Follow quality processes and necessary guidelines and instructions
• Follow company guidelines to ensure tone, style and voice of Expedia branded products
• Work in conjunction with Quality Managers to improve the quality of Expedia Inc. websites
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple requests from various stakeholders across brands
• Follow terminology, glossaries, reference materials and style guides for their specific language
• Translation and maintenance of Social Media content (Facebook, Twitter etc) as required
Who you are:
• Bachelor's/ Master's in Translation/Linguistics/Computational linguistics or equivalent relevant experience
• Minimum 2 - 3 years in the translation/localization industry
• Writing/editing experience, if possible
• Experience of working in a global environment
• Strong communication skills. Expertise in English written and spoken communication: e-mail, status reports, conference calls, etc
• Quality focused
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to grasp technical concepts
• Problem solving
• Able to work independently
• MUST be a native French speaker
• Extreme flexibility and ability to adapt to multiple tasks
• Linguistic skills and aptitude: familiar with working in a multilingual environment
• Technically minded: able to grasp technical and complex concepts quickly
• Desirable - Knowledge of Translation Memory tools - Trados, SDL Worldserver, XTM
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail, special ability to focus on linguistic issues
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
London or Prague