Localization Specialist - French
Looking to combine your excellent language and editorial skills, translation and localization experience, and real passion for travel into one great job?
The localization specialist position at Expedia Group offers this mix in a dynamic, multi-cultural and productive environment. You will work collaboratively together with our international teams all over the world to allow all Expedia Group brands to operate with a truly global localization quality solution.
We will ask you to localize content for the Expedia Group branded websites from English into your native language. We have a variety of important work that needs to be translated ranging from internal communications to partner tools that influences us over which accommodation we chose when we go on holiday!
We have strong tonal guidelines that will teach you write as an Expedian, so we would need you to follow quality processes and necessary guidelines and instructions to own a quality product.
As this is a meaningful role, you will manage internal and external business relationships in support of business objectives.
You will work with the team on the UI (User Interface) for all EG brands, for both websites and apps. You will create SEO-friendly articles to promote specific destinations, support the SEM Teams in localizing URL, keywords, key phrases for SEM campaigns. You will also have a chance to translate a wide range of content, including HR documentation, training material and related documentation for internal users and external clients (hoteliers), emails to customers and hoteliers, newsletters, marketing and merchandizing material, including banners and promotions for the specific market. You will also:
- Follow quality processes and necessary guidelines and instructions
- Follow company guidelines to ensure tone, style and voice of Expedia branded products
- Work in conjunction with Quality Managers to improve the quality of EG websites
- Balance and prioritize multiple requests from various clients across brands
- Follow terminology, glossaries, reference materials and style guides for their specific language
Translate and maintain social media content (Facebook, Twitter etc) as required
- Degree in linguistics or equivalent relevant experience
- Documented experience in the industry
- Writing, editing, authoring experience
- Expertise in English written and spoken communication: e-mail, status reports, conference calls, etc.
- Native French speaker
- Quality focused
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Problem solving
- Able to work independently
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to multiple tasks
- Familiar with working in a multilingual environment
- Technically minded: able to grasp technical and complex concepts quickly
- Desirable - Knowledge of Translation Memory tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Able to work effectively under deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, special ability to focus on linguistic issues
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
London or Prague