Localization Program Manager
About the Role
The Localization team is seeking an experienced localization program manager to help tackle Uber’s growing localization needs. In this role, you'll work closely with our cross functional stakeholders Product, Design, Content, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Support HQ and Regional Operation teams as a primary point of contact for localization to our Stakeholders cross-functionally, to ensure on-time & high linguistic quality for global & regional launches.
What You'll Do
\* Manage end-to-end localization of Uber products across all supported languages including initial planning & consultation, delivery of localized content, LQAs, and bug routing
\* Manage localization of product-related comms with various assets (survey, website, SMS, in-app messaging, etc) across all regions, including .
\* Act as the primary localization point of contact for our cross-functional stakeholders related to your product, explain localization cycles for various content types, and ensure global launches are on time with high degree of linguistic quality
\* Develop & maintain key relationships with stakeholders at HQ, regional and city-levels.
\* Proactively lead internal and cross-functional initiatives to identify areas for process improvements
\* Identify Localization tool & process gaps and work with Localization Operations to enable efficiencies
\* Work closely with localization vendors to ensure smooth execution of tasks
\* Review and influence product requirement documents (PRDs/RFCs) related to new products/features as well as tools and systems that can improve globalization (g11n) across Uber
* Work on product and/or campaign roll-outs with Stakeholder teams, tool improvements/automation, and tech planning.
What You’ll Need
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
* 3 years minimum of localization project/program management experience within the high-tech industry on the client side
* Self-directed - ability to take initiative in identifying and solving large problems
* Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently and be able to chart direction of projects/program
* Very detail-oriented, quality-focused and proactive
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels
* Ability to learn new tools/systems quickly
* Great understanding of localization and internationalization issues
* Experience using CAT tools to manage localization pipeline & workflows (e.g. Smartling, Idiom WorldServer, Memsource, and Trados)
* Experience managing localization of various content types such as UI, HC, Marketing, & Legal
* Excellent team player
* Ability to manage operations at scale
* Be proficient in and manage technical processes (e.g. Share internationalization i18n best practices, advise Product/Engineers on best practices for l10n QA/testing, run and manage linguistic QA processes)
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
31 October 2023