Junior Technician, Spain
Interested in working on an international and energetic Company? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team in the translation and localization industry?
We are looking for a Junior Technician who will be reporting to the Technical Department Director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of translation/localization and knowledge of CAT/DTP applications and text editors.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and XML.
- Minimum one year of experience (in-depth knowledge of translation and localization tools).
- Knowledge of other languages will be an advantage.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with high demanded quality levels.
- Ability to foresee occasional problems that may arise and good resolution capacity of problems.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of the IT tools used, including different CAT Tool systems (Trados Studio, Memsource, Wordbee).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work in both Mac and PC environments.
- Any other tool will be an advantage (E-learning tools, compiling tools, Quality Assurance, etc).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical support for Project Managers and undertaking of tasks requiring advanced, specialized knowledge and techniques.
- Training: train production and/or sales department in the technical aspects (intermediate level) of project management to make them as independent as possible.
- Consultancy: give advice to PMs, resources and/or sales personnel regarding technical requirements, tools, specific techniques and costs of certain projects to determine the optimum procedures.
- Technical process and troubleshooting: carry out certain processes related to specific projects, whose technical nature is beyond the abilities of the PMs.
- Troubleshooting unforeseen technical problems that the PMs are unable to resolve by themselves.
- Content maintenance: maintain the company’s knowledge pools, glossaries, knowledge base, etc.
- Support the IT department: support the IT department in certain aspects related to specific software used in the company.
- Support for resources: advice and technical support for translators and proofreaders with respect to specific projects.
- R&D: participation in R&D projects on behalf of CPSL.
DATA PROTECTION AND INFORMATION SECURITY:
- Understand, know and comply with the standards of information security established and legal requirements and, in any case, act according to the instructions received.
- Comply with the applicable procedures and internal guidelines.
- Provide suggestions and participate in the continuous improvement of the activities developed.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
It’s a fantastic opportunity to hone your skills in the translation and localization industry, working in an international environment in a company that’s been in the business for over 50 years and has 4 ISO certifications.
You can submit your CV directly on our website. What are you waiting for?
Send us your cv and we will let you know more things about the position.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
29 October 2021