Intern - Language Specialist (Winter 2022)
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
As Wish’s popularity continues to rise, we are looking to break down language barriers and connect with our users around the globe. We are currently seeking one Language Specialist intern to help us achieve this goal. The ideal candidates must be fluent in the target language and English and possess exceptional communication skills. The intern will work a full-time schedule (40 hours/week), remotely, from January-April 2022. The intern must have work authorization and be based in the U.S. or Canada.
What you'll be doing:
- Translate English content into native Russian, Indonesian, Thai, Korean, or Vietnamese
- Optimize translations and transcreate blog posts, marketing materials, in app content, and more
- Review externally provided translations for Russian, Indonesian, Thai, Korean, or Vietnamese
- Work closely with our LSP to support proper communication flow between Wish and our external partners
- Help set language strategy for the Russian, Indonesian, Thai, Korean, or Vietnamese locale through glossary and style guides
- Perform in-context QC of the Wish sites and apps to ensure consistent messaging and proper functionality
- Work with other cross-functional stakeholders on improving the user experience for the Russian, Indonesian, Thai, Korean, or Vietnamese locale
- Provide insights on Russian, Indonesian, Thai, Korean, or Vietnamese locale and users to help generate locale-specific solutions and features
Working towards or recently graduated with a degree program with a focus on languages or translation or related field
Ability to translate English into Russian, Indonesian, Thai, Korean, or Vietnamese fluently and comfortably with vernacular and proper grammar
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
A detail-oriented working style
Experience working with CAT tools a plus
Experience performing in-context QC a plus
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
27 November 2021
San Francisco, CA Intern - Employees can work remotely