IMF Language Services is urgently seeking a short-term Translation Coordinator for its Translation Coordination Center (TCC) under a six-month contract
Under the supervision of the Translation Coordination Center (TCC) Chief, the candidate will be responsible for administering and coordinating all requests for translations and translation-related services (such as publications), monitoring progress to ensure accurate and timely completion and delivery; providing customer service; serving as liaison between translation sections and requesting departments; under the direction of translation section chiefs liaising with freelance translators and providers of translation-related services. May also provide language-specific assistance to language sections, including text processing, basic proofreading and typesetting; may also align documents to be uploaded in translation memories.
The candidate will be expected to
- Manage the overall translation administration processes using the LS Translation Management System (TMS).
- Assist the TCC Chief in all matters concerning document preparation (using translation technology tools).
- Provide language-specific assistance to translation sections, including text processing, basic proofreading and typesetting; and documents alignment to be uploaded in translation memories.
- May also assist translation sections by providing references using translation technology tools or existing databases.
- Create templates using CAT tools (SDL Trados) as necessary for sections and TCC use.
Ideal candidate will have:
- A university degree in language, computer science, business or related field of study.
- Experience in translation project management.
- Knowledge of Computer-Assisted Translation (CAT) and TMS (translation management system) tools. SDL Trados knowledge is a must.
- Experience with other standard translation tools, translation management systems, machine translation technology, and content management systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of English plus one or more of the following languages: Arabic, French. Both French and Arabic preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of web-based systems. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft tools including MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Acrobat, HTML and XML.
- Previous localization experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to keep up with multiple deadlines.
- Team player and able to cope with a busy operation.
- Excellent judgment and self-motivation.
- Familiarity/knowledge of with SDL Trados, and video subtitling is a plus.
- DPT skills are desirables.
Interested candidates should contact Ms. Luz Minaya, Tuesday, February 16 via email to [email protected]
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed and may be tested.
Candidates must possess a valid US work permit. While the IMF is operating under extended remote working arrangements, relocation to the Washington, DC metropolitan area is not required.