German Localization Quality Manager
Looking to combine your excellent German language, editorial and project-management skills, people-management experience, top-notch customer service abilities, and technology interests into one great job?
The Localization Quality Manager position in Marketplace & Yield offers this mix in a dynamic, multi-cultural and productive environment. You will work with our internal teams to help all Expedia Group brands to operate with a truly global approach.
What you’ll do
- Be accountable for and handle the quality of content and user interface for Expedia Group branded products in German.
- We will ask you to line develop a team of translators localizing content across all Expedia Group content types
- Ensure all creation and translation teams follow the existing quality processes and guidelines.
- Exhibit strong leadership: you will build positive relationships in support of business objectives and promote continuous improvement and quality monitoring. You will support the company's vision and values in daily actions and decisions and planning.
- Develop close 1-2-1 relationships with internal partners to ensure tone and style are adhered to. This will include work with brand teams to deliver content reviews and audits.
- Liaise with internal partners regarding quality issues and establish a solid review cycle, assessing the feedback from partners together with Project Managers.
- Balance and prioritize multiple requests from various partners across brands.
- Create and maintain terminology, glossaries, reference materials and style guides.
- Supervise quality results and overall project performance of internal and external translation teams.
Who you are
- You have solid experience in the ecommerce/ localization/media industry as a manager/senior team leader.
- You have extensive translation/writing experience with an impeccable eye for detail and a meticulous approach to linguistic accuracy.
- You have a degree in Translation/Linguistics/Computational linguistics or equivalent relevant experience.
- You have working knowledge of translation memory software and translation processes.
- You have very strong communication skills both in English and in German.
- You feel comfortable in working in a fast-paced, global environment.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
London or Prague