Founded by CEO, Mohamed Hussein, in 2013, Piedmont Global Language Solutions (PGLS) is a minority-owned Language Services Provider (LSP) dedicated to advancing the global mission and interests of its partner businesses and institutions.
PGLS is a leading provider of comprehensive multilingual Translation, Interpretation, and Language Training solutions in over 200 languages and dialects.
Headquartered in the Washington D.C. area with team members spanning eight time zones and five continents, PGLS embodies a passion for language and a commitment to excellence.
At PGLS, we are committed to a culture of investment, serving our mission and the missions of those we serve. Our commitment is guided by three uncompromising foundational core values of respect, responsibility, and results.
RESPECT: We treat others with professionalism, dignity, and respect. We communicate clearly and honestly while fostering an environment of growth and innovation.
RESPONSIBILITY: We lead by example, considering the impacts of our actions on each other, our partners, and our global community. We are accountable and take ownership of our actions and decisions to promote a solutions-oriented environment.
RESULTS: We are committed to a people centric approach, establishing lasting partnerships and proactively delivering exceptional services, advancing the global mission and interests of those we serve.
Our culture is ambitious, supportive, and bold. We solve problems faster by sharing insights and knowledge with each other. Our team is talented and driven; always taking opportunities to both teach and learn as we challenge each other. We celebrate success and recognize those who go above and beyond. We are PGLS!
Due to our significant and exciting growth, we are recruiting an Executive Assistant to work in our Edina, MN office.
The Executive Assistant is the dedicated support person for the CEO/President, and all the tasks he needs assistance with. This position’s daily role may include maintaining the organization and consistency of documents and processes; providing support to leadership; preparing materials for correspondence, appointments, and meetings; and being the point of contact for all items as they relate to the Edina, MN, and our other office(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
All of the below functions are essential for this position.
- Manage and prioritize incoming calls and emails by responding in a timely manner or directing calls and emails to the appropriate party.
- Anticipate and prepare research and materials necessary for CEO/President’s correspondence, appointments, meetings, travel, phone calls, etc.
- Support decision-making through filtering information and communicating salient points clearly.
- Resolve priority tasks and schedule new and unplanned tasks appropriately.
- Maintain discretion and judgement in handling confidential information.
- Maintain organization and consistency of departmental documents, processes, etc.
- Provide support to leadership with special projects as needed.
- Assist in preparing presentations (PowerPoint/slide deck creation, etc.)
- Maintain meeting agendas and minutes.
- Establish efficient systems for workflow and communication between CEO/President and teams within the organization.
- Support collaboration and administrative needs across the teams and other companies.
- Provide personal assistance to CEO as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a distributed team
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant professional role
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Google Workspace, and other similar platforms
- Professional demeanor and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and self-directive with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and time management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA and dependent care plan
- Employer sponsored short term disability
- 401K with employer match
- 10 paid federal holidays
- DoorDash DashPass membership
- Commuter benefits for onsite employees – paid parking or metro contribution
PGLS is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
It is the policy of PGLS to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, nationality, or ethnicity (including color, caste, or ancestry), religion, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity policy, PGLS will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
To request a reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to PGLS at [email protected]
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce.
PGLS participates in the E-Verify system.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
26 May 2022