Director of Translation & Localization Services
MasterWord Services (MWS) provides language services solutions in over 250 languages, across four different continents. Services we provide include Translation, Localization, Onsite Interpreting, Video Remote Interpreting (VRI), and Over-the-Phone Interpreting (OPI) Services. Our clients include some of the world’s largest businesses, government entities, healthcare organizations, educational institutions and not-for-profit organizations.
We offer a competitive salary and extensive benefits package. We offer a casual and relaxed, yet professional environment where people can learn and grow with the company. We are looking for a Director to join our Translation and Localization Team as we continue to grow the business.
Director, Translation and Localization Services
The Director, Translation and Localization Services will manage all activities related to MasterWord’s Translation and Localization Services.
Location: Remote U.S
Roles and Responsibilities:
General duties include without limitation:
- Ensures the department is following the Quality Management System in terms of customer service, quality and overall operations.
- Analyzes and interprets financial metrics and key performance indicators to identify changes which could impact staffing levels, quality of service, revenues, or expenses.
- Ensures the department’s budget and other prescribed metrics are met and takes action to remedy unfavorable events and trends as they occur.
- Communicates pricing strategies and feedback on pricing of various services.
- Contributes to the quarterly and annual forecasting by providing account trends and sharing future client needs.
- Cooperates with the Sales/Account Management team to prepare and conduct client-facing technical/product presentations and demonstrations.
- Establishes current and long-range goals, objectives, plans and policies, subject to approval by the President; reports weekly and quarterly on the same to the Leadership team.
- Creates and reviews project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Creates and improves upon existing systems and processes to add value to the department and organization.
- Monitors performance, conducts periodic performance reviews, enforces discipline and terminations in the department.
- Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office, CAT tools and translation management systems.
- A collaborative yet assertive leader who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves to drive improvements and growth.
- Effective relationship-builder through cross-functional credibility and interactive communication - fostering an environment of continuous improvement, teamwork and innovation.
- 5+ years’ experience leading/supervising project managers, ideally in distributed teams.
- Demonstrable knowledge of business and management principles.
- Proven track record in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on individually assigned tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where superior time-management and prioritization skills are essential.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
11 June 2022