Director of Technology
Eriksen Translations is a woman-owned, independent language services provider based in Brooklyn, NY, with a footprint that extends throughout North America and beyond. For 35 years, Eriksen has helped clients communicate with domestic and international audiences. Working in more than 100 languages, Eriksen sustains long-term relationships with major companies in finance, insurance, law, creative services, health care, and education, as well as nonprofits, NGOs, and leading museums and cultural institutions.
With talented staff and an extensive network of linguists, Eriksen has earned an excellent reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry. Over the past two years, the company has experienced exponential growth and has recently been ranked as “One of North America’s Top 30 Language Services Providers” by CSA Research.
Eriksen seeks an experienced Director of Technology who will report directly to the CEO and will be a key member of the senior leadership team. The right individual will be based in the New York area and must be able to work remotely. This is a hands-on role that requires excellent technical, communication, and leadership skills. You will be helping to set the direction of the company’s Information Technology strategy while leading and implementing this strategy. You should have a strong understanding of network infrastructures, security, and user support, and be comfortable working with third-party partners to drive custom development efforts, managing the day-to-day support with our MSP partner, building relationships with the publishers of our tools, and finding solutions to support our global staff and linguist network.
- Lead corporate IT strategy, information security, and IT systems at a global scale
- Anticipate and maintain a vision for the future technology needs of the organization; recommending strategies, priorities, and projects that will best achieve our strategic goals and objectives
- Manage MSP and relationships with our core software partners
- Approve, prioritize, and control the IT project demands, managing timelines and expectations with outsourced MSP
- Be accountable for our security policy and training
- Analyze the needs of each department, determining ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing new information processing systems
- Establish, plan, and administer the overall policies and goals for the IT function of the business
- Manage the research and selection of IT equipment, applications, and supplies to streamline getting the necessary tools in our staff’s hands around the world
- Exercise diligent evaluation and careful budgetary management, including budget preparation
- Purchase and manage the IT assets (hardware and software licenses) for the business
- Be the key point of contact for all security and data privacy related initiatives and issues within the company
- Ensure that our people are trained on our systems and technology
- Partner with management to support the company’s vision
- Expertise with Information Security & IT certifications, cloud, compliance, and products
- Minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated technical experience
- Understand data protection legislation such as GDPR and CCPA
- Experience managing software and services partners to deliver a world class solution for our staff, linguists, clients, and partners
- Ability to explain the importance of data security to people of varied backgrounds and job functions, while working with partners to ensure the integrity of our systems and data
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, iland Cloud, and SaaS based solutions
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent negotiation, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Value honesty and integrity
- Embrace cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen's benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and tuition and gym membership reimbursement. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere. Please visit www.eriksen.com for more information.
Please submit your resume/CV and cover letter along with your salary requirements here. Eriksen Translations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
New York, NY