Director of Human Resources
Eriksen Translations is a woman owned, independent LSP based in Brooklyn, NY, with a footprint that extends throughout North America and beyond. For 36 years, Eriksen has helped clients communicate with domestic and international audiences. Working in more than 100 languages, Eriksen sustains long-term relationships with major companies in finance, insurance, law, creative services, health care, and education, as well as New York City and State agencies, nonprofits, NGOs, and leading museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
With talented staff and an extensive network of linguists, Eriksen has earned an excellent reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry. Over the past two years, the company has experienced exponential growth and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies.
Eriksen seeks a Director of Human Resources based in the New York metro area to work remotely. In this role, you will oversee the company’s human resources operations while delivering both strategic and hands-on support through effective leadership and communication. You will support company culture and employee engagement while running the daily functions of the HR department.
To succeed in this position, you must leverage your strong understanding of recruitment, employee satisfaction, benefits facilitation and management, and training. We are seeking an individual who will be the voice of employees and take an empathetic approach while implementing company policies and practices.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will help drive HR/people strategy and support the company to ensure that Eriksen’s business objectives are met.
- Administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits and leave; conflict resolution; performance and talent management; staff surveys; and productivity, recognition, and morale.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and performance evaluations. Support department leaders in creating training programs and driving best practices around training reinforcement.
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for job openings. Create and manage job descriptions and job posts as the company needs evolve.
- Facilitate onboarding and orientation for employees and international independent contractors.
- Promote an ethical and compliant work environment by coaching and empowering our team of managers to ensure adherence to policies and procedures and effectively manage performance/discipline.
- Keep the employee handbook and policies and procedures up to date based on the needs of the business and staff.
- Handle employment-related inquiries, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Lead engagement and employee recognition programs, support company culture with team building initiatives.
- Anticipate and maintain a vision for future employee needs within the organization; recommending strategies, priorities, and projects that will best achieve company-wide goals and objectives.
- Attend and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, investigations, and offboarding.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- You must be a people person invested in helping others succeed.
- You act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality at all times.
- You thrive in a high-growth environment and continuously seek better ways of working.
- You embrace cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years’ of experience in an HR-related position, such as recruiting, training, performance management, or HR operations
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with employment-related laws and regulations
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen's benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition and gym membership reimbursement, and generous time off. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere.
Click here to apply.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
Remote, New York