Localization Project Manager: Bilingual, fluent in both English and Spanish, working remotely
Our client’s mission is to deliver best-in-class language services. The company has been growing steadily and is now seeking to accelerate growth dramatically. As a next step, now they are looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, process-minded Project Manager with advanced skills, training, and experience leading linguists and DTP team members.
The PM must be a leader who can help the team deliver translations that make the vision a reality. Our client's vision is to be the preferred all-inclusive language solutions provider, known for excellence, customer service, and value.
The PM will perform all related operations with the following responsibilities:
- Manage translation jobs from beginning to end, responding to client inquiries about translation needs.
- Answer customer email requests within 20 minutes maximum, preferably 10.
- Provide price and time estimates and maintain contact with clients throughout the project to ensure that their needs are met.
- Communicate with subcontractors and internal staff to set schedules for each phase, developing positive relationships to build the strong supply chains required to produce translation products.
- Prepare files for translation using various software applications, with help from the DTP team and process translated files and return them to their initial formats.
- Process and return requests received in Memsource for translation in memoQ.
- Assign workflows through Plunet with memoQ, XTM, and other tools.
- Communicate with clients regarding project status, queries from translators, and other issues.
- Maintain all information in project tracking systems for internal and client use.
- Update translation memories, glossaries, style guides, and other aids.
- Troubleshoot problems with TMS, CATs, and other systems used.
- Assist with Plunet customer on-boarding.
- Keep regular office hours from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, with a willingness to extend said hours if needed.
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in our client's core values and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate experience in LSP project management with the following key qualifications:
- Understand that our client is a service company, created to solve communication problems by serving customers, talent, and colleagues alike.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong cultural awareness required to work with global teams and deliver translation product for the corresponding target culture.
- Effective team leader, motivator, and delegator.
- Willing to learn and ability to teach and share information and knowledge.
- Effective time management, multitasking, and technical and cross-functional teamwork.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Critical thinking.
- Experience in translation, with localization-specific tools, specifically Plunet, memoQ, XTM, and Memsource.
- Knowledge of DTP tools, applications used in web and software localization, an understanding of the related file formats with the technologies mentioned above, and MS Office.
- Understanding of industry best practices.
- The ability to provide structure to projects, create and manage schedules, control costs, increase efficiencies, meet requirements, report, and produce quality translation products.
- Fluent in English and Spanish with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid educational background; undergraduate degree required MBA or similar advanced degree desired.
For more information contact Jeanne [email protected]
If this is not what you're looking for maybe you could refer a colleague? We offer a referral bonus if your colleague is hired.