Meet the 2021-2022 Board Candidates
GALA is delighted to announce the candidates for the association's Board of Directors, 2021-2022 term. We are seeking bold visionaries and thoughtful advisers to join our global leadership team. The Board of Directors chooses GALA’s strategic direction and works to ensure its value is well-defined and widely understood.
Serving on the Board requires industry experience, blue-sky thinking, and a collaborative approach. It requires an unwavering belief that GALA serves an essential role in the global language industry and that it has a bright future. GALA stands out as a diverse professional community and our Board should reflect that diversity.
Each member organization receives one vote in Board elections. We ask our members to review the candidates and be prepared to vote for four positions for the upcoming term.
We asked the candidates to respond to respond to the following questions:
- Describe how you are qualified to address strategy for GALA.
- What skills, resources, connections, and expertise will you bring to GALA?
Meet the Candidates
- Alessandra Binazzi (Alessandra Binazzi Consulting)
- Andrzej Nedoma (XTRF Translation Management Systems)
- Arup Ratan Deb Roy (Tutis Innovative E-Solutions Pte. Ltd. (TIESPL))
- Balázs Kis (memoQ Translation Technologies)
- Benny Orr (consultOrr)
- Dave Bryant (Dotsub)
- David Utrilla (U.S. Translation Company)
- Edith Bendermacher (NetApp)
- Felix Bingel-Erlenmeyer (Wieners+Wieners GmbH)
- Kim Ludvigsen (Interprefy Inc.)
- Marie Flacassier (BeatBabel)
- Oleksandr Bondarenko (Translatel)
- Paula Shannon (Lilt)
- Ramona Harris (Hogarth Worldwide)
- Sherami Jara (Brigham Young University)
- Sultan Ghaznawi (YYZ Translations)
- Todor Lazarov (SOFITA Interpreting and Translation Agency Ltd.)
- Valeria Barbero (Mother Tongue)