KeyStone, created and developed at Centrum Lokalizacji CM, is a proprietary tool that, as the first on the market, offers computer support in one of the most burdensome translation processes - translation editing. Since there can be no translation editing without checking the terminology used, this tool offers a terminology verification system, which is a crucial part of the whole solution.
It is also a tool that is a step further towards terminology management automation. It is not only a self-learning terminology extraction system, recognizing grammar rules, and supporting multiple languages and file formats, but also a system integrated with an online database to create together an automatic search system that is able to check the correctness of terminology used in translations.
KeyStone Editor is a module that automates and streamlines text verification in its broad sense.
The main features of KeyStone:
- Automated quality assurance (checking of markup, translation length, punctuation, numerals, spelling, regular expressions compliance, etc.),
- Semi-automated translation coherence and terminology control,
- “One-click” error categorization and correction implementation,
- ErrorMemory - storing previously entered corrections and their automated implementation when the same or similar error is encountered,
- Generating reports for translators with a detailed error list and scoring,
- Implementing corrections to bilingual files with change tracking.
- Generating bilingual terminology databases from any bilingual file format (RTF, TTX, TMX, XLIFF, etc.),
- Generating monolingual terminology lists for specialized glossaries creation,
- Creating bilingual glossaries from translated files (TTX, DOCX, XLIFF and others), Translation Memories (TMX) and text files.
The KeyStone application significantly improves the quality of our work. It enables faster and more accurate editing, as well as providing translators with editor’s comments in a clear manner that enables them to learn from their mistakes on their own.