ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management
The ISO 9001 family of standards is globally and universally recognized and not specific to the translation industry. Over a million ISO 9001 certificates were issued to companies in 2015 alone, making this standard familiar to clients of any industry.
ISO 9001 is easy to use and understand and benefits from a huge network of registrars, auditors, and consultants. Its presence is especially strong in China and Europe, two regions responsible for 83% of certifications. In the US the adoption rate is slightly lower.
ISO 9001:2015 Requires a Translation Company to:
- Define, document and follow a quality management system
- Always provide a service that aims to satisfy the customer and meet regulatory requirements
- Manage risks: have a process to track, fix and learn from issues
- Rely on facts & evidence, following the Plan-Do-Check-Act principle
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Keep management involved and accountable, aligning quality with wider business strategy.
There are thousands of registrars and costs vary.