How do I submit (and edit) content?
What kinds of content can I submit? Where does it appear?
Members can submit the following items to the website: blogs, articles, press releases, event calendar items, software profiles, and jobs. Most content items will be reviewed by GALA staff prior to being published. Not all submissions are guaranteed to be posted. Submissions are added to a publication calendar.
All content is subject to review and editing by GALA staff. Please see the Content Submission Guidelines for more information.
|Submission Item||Where it Appears||Who Can Submit|
|Blogs||GALA Blog||Members Only|
|Articles||GALA Articles||Members Only|
|Press Releases||Industry News||Members Only|
|Calendar Items||Event Calendar||Members Only|
|Software Profiles||LT Directory||Anyone|
|Jobs||Job Board||Anyone ($200 for non-members)|
How do I submit content to the website?
- Create a website user account here.
- Log in to the website and then navigate to your individual profile by clicking on your name in the brown bar at the top of the website.
- Select the content type you would like to publish in the left navigation panel (blog, article, press release, software profile, job, etc.). Some content submission options will only appear on GALA member pages.
- Complete the form, including as much information as possible (links, dates, images, etc.)
- Click "Save."
- Your materials have now been submitted and you will see a preview of your post.
Some content items will post directly to the GALA website. Others require approval from GALA staff. You are able to make edits to your materials as soon as you have clicked "Save." All materials you post will eventually be connected to your company profile. This may take 1-3 business days.
How do I edit content after it has been submitted?
After you have created a content item, you are able to edit the post at any point.
- Navigate to your individual profile by clicking on your name in the brown bar at the top of the website.
- Select the content type that corresponds to the item you would like to edit in the left navigation panel.
- At the top of the page, you will see a table that contains all the items you have published of this content type.
- Select "Edit" next to the title of the particular content item to make changes to your post.
If someone else authored a content item, you will not be able to edit their post. Please contact GALA staff for help: [email protected]
How do I remove old content from my company profile?
Prior to the launch of the new GALA website, all the publications from the old GALA website's were migrated to the new website. These content items have been associated with the appropriate company. If you do not want old materials to appear on your company profile, please contact GALA staff and ask to have the specific content items removed from your profile: [email protected]
Can I submit a publication on behalf of someone else?
Users may not post on behalf of someone else. If you are logged in to the website with your own credentials, all items you post will be attributed to your individual profile. Some content items will list you as the author and include your photo and bio. If you want to post a blog or author on behalf of someone else, you must either log in to the website with their credentials, or publish the materials and then contact GALA staff and ask them to reassign the author of the content item.
The following is a member's view (non-members will see fewer submission options):