History and Milestones
Pictured above: Founding board members Daniel Carter, Renee Sztabelski, Hans Fenstermacher
GALA was founded on 01 April 2002 by leaders of 15 companies who recognized that language services companies required an organization dedicated to their needs and the betterment of the industry. Those founding member companies came together to share their passion for the potential of a more collaborative industry.
GALA has continued to grow since that time. See the current list of companies that are GALA members.
Founding member companies
- Able International, U.S.A.
- ArchiText Inc., U.S.A.
- Comunicación Multilingüe, S.L., Spain
- Gamax, Hungary
- Hieronymus, s.r.o., Czech Republic
- Hitext S.A., Belgium
- International Software Products, b.v., Netherlands
- JTS Korea, Inc., Korea
- Magit, Poland
- MTM-Multilingual Translations Management, Netherlands
- Network Communications, Denmark
- Quality Translations, Israel
- SaudiSoft, Egypt
- Telelingua, Belgium
- Translate.IT, Germany
- 2002 founded by 15 companies
- 2007 launched GALA Webinar Series
- 2009 launched Language of Business conference series
- 2011 membership approves addition of new classes of membership
- 2011 launched GALA Standards Initiative
- 2012 published GALA Strategic Framework and updated mission and vision statements
- 2014 launched Rising Star awards program
- 2015 membership approves equal voting privileges and leadership opportunities for all member companies
- 2016 launched GALA Connect community
- 2017 launched TAPICC Initiative
- 2018 hosted 10th annual conference