Create a GALA Members Group
All community users can see this group, but only GALA members are able to join.
Create a Special Access GALA Members Group
All community users can see this group, but only GALA members can be invited or request access.
GALA Connect Groups
GALA’s philosophy is to have a diverse, yet inclusive community which engenders activity and engagement from a wide variety of users, supporting special interest discussion groups, task forces, and industry initiatives. We are mindful that different groups will thrive best under various configurations (not one size fits all).
Users wishing to create a group should consider the following:
- Is there a specialized market or interest in the group?
- What do I want to accomplish in the group?
- How will I inform other members of this new group?
- Can I provide content for the group to help encourage discussions?
- Have I searched for groups with similar titles?
- If I create a Special Access Members Group (SAM), have I provided clear guidelines for what types of users may join this group? Typical criteria should be things like: job function or organization type
Some measures of success for groups are:
- Frequent discussions
- New posts appearing daily
- Posts/discussions that illicit responses from group members
If a group is no longer active, GALA staff will close the groups based on the criteria below:
- No discussions since creation or within the last six months.
- The discussions would be more beneficial in another group.
GALA will invite participants from the decommissioned group to join more active and vibrant groups.