GALA Content Submission Guidelines
Interested in Sharing Content with the Localization Industry?
The best places to find information about submitting materials for the GALA website and programs are at the following pages:
For more information about submission guidelines, please review the details below.
The Globalization and Localization Association is the leading global non-profit association within the language industry, providing resources, education and research for companies working with translation services, language technology, and content localization. GALA member companies are vendors and buyers of language services and technologies. They deploy sophisticated multilingual strategies and proven tools to take content and products to markets around the world.
We welcome submissions from GALA members of: 1) articles, 2) posts for GALA’s blog, 3) press releases, 4) upcoming calendar events, 5) job openings, and 6) Marketplace offers. All submissions to the GALA website will be reviewed and may be edited.
- Individuals or organizations submitting content affirm that they have the authority to provide this content, and that, to the best of their knowledge, the content does not infringe any copyright or violate any property or personal rights of others.
- GALA is not obliged to publish any information that it feels is either inappropriate, overly self-promotional, or not in accordance with its objectives. GALA may also edit content which is submitted for publication.
- To the best of its abilities, GALA will accurately display information about events and news in the industry. However, GALA cannot guarantee that all information will be displayed accurately.
- GALA will review and post submissions once they have been accepted. (Please allow 3-5 days.) Not all submissions are accepted.
- All submissions will remain on gala-global.org at GALA’s discretion, and for an unspecified length of time, unless the user submits a change or a request to have it removed.
GALA reviews all submissions prior to publishing online and reserves the right to edit for clarity, style, and format. Please keep in mind the following when submitting content:
- Include only the essential facts.
- Spell out (initially) all acronyms.
- Avoid duplicating information that already appears on GALA-global.org.
- Remember that the target audience for GALA-global.org is localization and globalization professionals who are already familiar with industry concepts and practices.
- Avoid sales pitches for products. If product information is included, it must be in the context of a broader industry development or concept.
- Avoid unrealistic or misleading claims.
- Please provide a URL for visitors to find additional information about your news or event.
- GALA is not responsible for the contents of any site linking to GALA-global.org or for sites to which gala-global.org links. The inclusion of any link within GALA-global.org does not imply endorsement by GALA of the site.
Links to GALA-global.org
GALA encourages links to its website. Any links to GALA’s website must conform to the following rules:
- Links must not be used to falsely portray any endorsement or other formal relationship between GALA and any other person or organization.
- GALA members may download the GALA logo from the member-only area of the website.
All materials appearing anywhere on GALA’s website are the property of the Globalization and Localization Association or of the original creators of the material.
- None of the materials may be copied, reproduced, displayed, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means other than as described, or without GALA’s prior consent. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- Any commercial use of the contents of the website without prior consent is prohibited.
- Requests for uses not allowed under these terms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GALA reserves the right to include any submissions to the GALA-global.org website in its GALAxy newsletter.
- GALA cannot be held accountable for member content published on the website.
- GALA-global.org cannot be used in any way that breaches any code of conduct, policy, or notice applicable to the GALA website. The site may not be used in any manner that could damage, harm, or disable GALA, its members, or its website visitors.
- In no event will GALA be liable for any damages. This includes without limitation any indirect, consequential, special, incidental, or punitive damages arising out of, based on, or resulting from use of the GALA website.
Specific Content Guidelines: Articles
Any member article submitted to the GALA-global.org website will be considered for inclusion as an article or as a blog. Please ensure that article submissions also adhere to the following guidelines:
- The article and abstract are written in English and have been checked for proper spelling and grammar prior to submission.
- The article is approximately 800-1,500 words.
- The article includes the following sections:
- Introduction/Call-out (This appears on the newsletter front page and should be no more than 30 words.)
- Body text (Please use short paragraphs for easier web reading.)
- Author biography (Please include a short paragraph with your name and affiliation.)
- The article content examines business considerations for localization buyers and suppliers, as well as critical corporate goals and objectives, and is not promotional.
- Articles that are promotional will not be published.
- Charts, graphs, or pictures are embedded (or sent to email@example.com).
Specific Content Guidelines: Blogs
Blogs may be submitted through your member profile once logged in. All blogs will also be considered to be published as articles. Blogs should conform to the following guidelines:
- The blog is written in English and have been checked for proper spelling and grammar prior to submission.
- The blog is approximately 400-600 words.
- The author has completed their individual profile on the website and included details in the "About You" section and has uploaded a profile picture. Information from the author's individual profile will automatically appear on the blog once published.
- The blog content examines business considerations for localization buyers and suppliers, as well as critical corporate goals and objectives, and is not promotional.
- Charts, graphs, or pictures are embedded (or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Specific Content Guidelines: Press Releases
Press releases may be submitted through your member profile once logged in. Press releases should conform to the following guidelines:
- The press release is written from the third-person perspective.
- The press release presents on recent news.
- All press releases must contain the following: 1) the name of the contact person responsible for the press release, 2) the company name, and 3) the company contact information.
- The first paragraph of the press release begins with the date, city, and country from which the release comes. This paragraph offers an overview of the news and its importance.
- Following the first paragraph is at least one paragraph that provides background information which expands on the relevance of the release.
- The final paragraph includes a brief description of the company and its products and/or services.
Specific Content Guidelines: Calendar Events
Announcements of upcoming events may be submitted through your member profile once logged in. Calendar event submissions should conform to the following guidelines:
- The event is an industry or allied-industry event
- The event information includes the place, date, and time of the event.
- A clear and brief description of the event is included.
- If available, a website link with additional information about the event is included.
Specific Content Guidelines: Job Openings
Job Openings may be included on the job board for a fee. Internship openings may be posted free of charge. Job opening submissions should include the following information:
- Job Location
- Application instructions and/or link to apply.
Specific Content Guidelines: Marketplace Offers
GALA members may post Marketplace Offers through their member profiles once logged in. Marketplace Offers should include detailed information about the product, the discount, and how to claim it.
Please e-mail us at email@example.com if you have questions or comments regarding the submission process or use of information found on GALA-global.org.