GALA 2017 Speaker Agreement
All speakers whose proposals are selected for inclusion at GALA 2017 will be required to sign and submit a copy of this agreement. Prior to submitting your proposal, please review this agreement. Contact [email protected] with any questions.
- Speaker agrees to comply with all conference-related deadlines provided by GALA including but not limited to deadlines for confirmation of participation, conference registration, and provision of presentation materials to GALA. If speaker fails to comply with published deadlines, GALA has the right to cancel the speaking engagement.
- Speaker agrees to not engage in any type of promotional marketing or selling of any product or service and will not make disparaging remarks about other products or companies during his/her presentation. Speakers who use their speaking opportunity to promote or sell products and/or services negatively impact the conference reputation and therefore will not be invited back.
- Speaker agrees to notify GALA staff immediately in the event that an emergency should prevent him/her from meeting his/her obligations as a speaker. Replacement speakers and topics will be assigned at the sole discretion of GALA; speakers will not select their own replacements.
- Speaker agrees to use the PowerPoint template provided by GALA for any PowerPoint presentation created in connection with the conference. (Exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- Speaker authorizes GALA to use his/her name, likeness, photograph, and biographical data in connection with the promotion of the conference.
- Speaker acknowledges the presentation will not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including any copyright, trademark and privacy rights), will be factually accurate, and will contain nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful. Speaker will obtain all necessary permissions or licenses from any individuals or organizations whose material is included or used in the presentation.
- Speaker will be responsible for all travel arrangements and expenses connected with conference participation. Speaker will be responsible for registering for the conference at the discounted speaker rate of US$775. Speaker will not receive any royalties, honoraria, reimbursement of expenses, or other compensation from GALA in connection with the conference or the rights granted below.
- Speaker grants to GALA a royalty-free license to use, reproduce, and distribute his/her presentation (including all presentation materials) in any way in the future, with appropriate attribution. Speaker understands that this license does not change the fact that speaker retains copyright ownership of the presentation.
- Speaker provides consent for GALA to record the presentation in audio and/or visual form. Speaker understands that GALA will be the sole copyright owner of the recording and can distribute and/or sell it, along with any supporting materials. Any other recording of the presentation is prohibited unless authorized in advance by GALA. Please note that GALA may choose not to record some sessions; most sessions will be audio-recorded only.
- Speaker acknowledges that upon request, GALA will provide 10 free special access passes for speaker’s session recording on GALA onDemand and that speaker will have additional (paid) options for sharing access to the presentation.