GALA 2023 Soapbox Call for Proposals
This is a special track at GALA 2023 Dublin for those who’d like to take a stand, express an opinion, and bring lively debate into the conversation.
- What do you believe – that most people in our industry would disagree with?
- What do you think will happen in the localization industry in the future—that most people think is unlikely?
- What questions do you think people in the industry are having a hard time answering?
- Do you believe there is some industry “groupthink” that should be challenged?
We are seeking proposals for short and snappy presentations (5-8’ max.). No slides or any other props - just you, the presenter - and your ideas. Q&A will follow at the end of the session, and hopefully some lively conversation, too.
Please note that soapbox speakers will qualify for a US $100 discount off of the full registration fee.
The deadline for proposals is 09 December 2022. Final accept/decline notifications will be sent to speakers in early January 2023. Please complete your application using the online form (above). Please note that you will need to have an active GALA account to complete your submission.
The online submission form includes the following information:
- Presenter's email, name, company, and brief bio (information will load from your GALA profile using their email address. No need to manually input this information)
- Title of your soapbox talk
- Short abstract of your soapbox talk (200 words max.)
- Have you presented on this topic before? (If yes, please specify when and where)
- Please provide links to any sample presentations, videos, or references/accolades from past presentations.
- Agreement to terms in the Soapbox Speaker Agreement
- Additional comments or notes