Terms & Policies
Payment and Discounts Policy
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
- All "early bird" discounts require payment in full at the time of registration and before the cut-off date (31 January). Regular rates will be applied to any open invoices left unpaid after the early-bird cut-off date.
- All GALA member discounts require that registrants have an active GALA membership at the time of registration.
- Non-members may receive the member discount retroactively if membership fee is paid in full within 30 days of registration.
- Registration will not be confirmed until payment is received and may be subject to cancellation.
- Discount offers cannot be combined with any other offer.
Cancellation and Substitution Policy
- You may substitute delegates by providing notice to GALA at least one week in advance of the conference.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by GALA and may be emailed to [email protected].
- The date upon which the notice of cancellation is electronically postmarked shall apply as the official date of cancellation.
- GALA will promptly acknowledge all notices of cancellation by email.
- In consideration of expenses incurred by GALA, GALA will adhere to the following refund schedule:
- For cancellations received before 15 February 2020 (by midnight Pacific time), refunds will be processed in full, less a US$ 125 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received on or between 15 February and 01 March 2020, refunds will be processed at 50% of the registration rate.
- For cancellations received after 01 March 2020, none of the registration fee will be refunded. In certain cases, a credit for the following year's conference may be given.
- No refunds or credits will be granted for no-shows.
- Please note that while speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, GALA reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or program topics if necessary without any liability to registrants whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on this website as soon as possible.
Code of Conduct
The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is the organizer of GALA 2020 San Diego (“GALA 2020”), a globalization industry conference.
- By registering for and entering GALA 2020, you accept that GALA 2020 is a private and professional event, and you agree to professional and ethical conduct throughout the event, at the satellite events, and all event venues including social events such as meals, dinners, parties, or city tours.
- As part of professional conduct, you specifically agree to the following:
- Refrain from offensive, disruptive, harassing, discriminatory, or derogatory behavior, comments, or communication
- Respect the privacy and the personal space (i.e. the physical area surrounding an individual which other people should not violate in order for that person to feel comfortable and secure) of all other attendees, speakers, organizers, speakers, sponsors, or other persons connected to or present at the event and its venues
- Refrain from openly advertising your products and services without GALA’s permission (as a rule, this requires a sponsorship contract prior to the event)
- Refrain from openly advertising and presenting materials of any nature at the conference venue without GALA’s prior written consent
- If you fail to comply with any one of the above rules, GALA has the right to remove you from the event, as well as deny your registration for anyfuture events. In some cases, GALA may be legally required to report the incident to your employer or to local authorities.
Notice of Filming and Photography
GALA reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at GALA 2020 San Diego without the expressed written permission of those included in the photograph/video. GALA may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used, or contracted by GALA including but not limited to: emails, social media, promotional videos, websites, etc.
Delegates attending GALA 2020 who do not wish to have their images recorded should make their wishes known to the photographer and/or the event organizers by sending written notice to [email protected] in advance of the conference. By taking part in this event, you grant GALA full rights to use the images resulting from the photography, video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images.