Ukrainian Translation Industry Conference
350 agencies and freelance translators, mainly from Ukraine, Russia, and CIS countries, will meet in Kiev at the first Ukrainian Translation Industry Conference (UTIC) on 18-19 May.
This event, featuring presentations by Hans Fenstermacher, Jost Zetzsche, Renato Beninatto, and 40 other well-known speakers will open up communication between the local and international professional communities.
Russian was among the fastest growing online languages in 2012. The demand is there and Ukraine is bountiful in excellent Russian translation professionals (a fact related to the country's history), but the region remains hard-to-reach for international clients. The UTIC is recommended for vendor managers seeking to expand and optimize their relevant resource pool. The conference features:
- Representatives of major industry associations: GALA, ELIA, ATA, ProZ.com, Gorod Perevodchikov
- Representatives of the biggest MLVs, like Lionbridge, Moravia, Skrivanek, and others.
- Internationally recognized industry experts including Hans Fenstermacher (GALA), Renato Beninatto (Moravia) and Jost Zetzsche (International Writers Group)
- Simultaneous interpreting for Russian and Ukrainian-language business sessions
- Software tools for QA, project management, and crowdsourcing
- Organized networking events
To have a look at the conference program, visit the UTIC website.
InText Translation Company, an active member of GALA and partner of several international conferences is the organizer of the UTIC. UTIC organizers would like to thank GALA for supporting the event as our media partner.
Please address all questions regarding the conference to [email protected]. We look forward to meeting you in Kyiv!
NOTE: The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of GALA.