Participation in the GALA standards initiative: A win-win for clients and vendors
- Are you tired of spending your thin budgets without any reliable data on effectiveness?
- Do you want to save time and money on research?
- Is the vast variety of technologies and tools available too much to keep track of?
- Do you want to refer to industry standard metrics on quality, costs, services, or technology in order to demonstrate that you are delivering value and meeting best-practice requirements?
- Do you want model documents and answers for questions on RFPs?
- Do you need a starting point for conversations about how to improve processes?
- Do you want to know industry best practices and be sure that you are following them?
Participate in the GALA standards initiative to share your experiences and trade knowledge with your peers.
Content creators are interested in solving problems, not buying services. Addressing problems requires talking about them in a non-sales environment. When vendors are asked to share their experiences, they need to provide useful answers rather than push a story about what they’ve done and how. These answers will naturally feed into the conversation based on a service providers’ value to their customers.
Both LSPs and their clients are looking for meaningful ways to gauge their processes and the technologies used to make their content global.
The GALA standards initiative is a program that will help with some of these traditional pain points.
Here are more reasons for participating in the GALA standards initiative:
- Participating in the GALA standards initiative increases your visibility. The GALA standards initiative helps you demonstrate your knowledge and thought-leadership and gain visibility by contributing to the betterment of the industry.
- Participation will ensure that your needs are met in the standards environment and that you can find the resources you need to meet your goals.
- Participation demonstrates your value to internal and external partners and stakeholders. Regardless of your industry profile, showing leadership will help elevate your profile and demonstrate value to partners and stakeholders. Volunteers and company supporters will be recognized throughout the program and will be visible across the industry.
- A commitment to standards sets you apart from the crowd. If you are an LSP, it helps you demonstrate that you can offer real value for your clients and attract clients who value excellence. If you are a content creator it helps you improve your processes to eliminate inefficiencies and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Participation ensures that you know about the latest developments in best practices for standards-based technology. In an ever-changing technical environment understanding the latest technology and standards can help you save money and achieve the best quality.
The GALA standards initiative: a perfect tool for research, networking, and meaningful connections between language service providers, tools developers, and clients! -Serge Gladkoff, GALA Standards Initiative Advisor