There are two levels of Globalization and Localization Association membership: full membership and affiliate membership.
Full membership in GALA is open to any legally constituted company providing either translation, internationalization, globalization, and/or localization products or services, or any combination of those services, including tools developers, training suppliers, and consultancies.
Affiliate membership is open to any company or organization interested or involved in global business. This membership level is for end-user companies that have in-house localization departments or that work with the language technology services and supplier community. This membership level is also for academic institutions and other non-supplier organizations that have an interest in globalization and localization. Affiliate membership is not open to companies that sell localization services, products, tools, or consulting (companies providing services, products, tools, or consulting should become full members). Affiliate membership is a non-voting membership, and representatives of affiliate members are not able to run for or serve on the GALA Board of Directors.
Both levels require:
- Signature of and adherence to the GALA Code of Conduct and Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Payment of annual dues of US$1000
- GALA membership is not open to individuals or freelance translators.
- Annual membership dues are for a 12-month period from the date of payment
- Dues can be paid directly by credit card. Or, you can request to receive an invoice from GALA and then pay by check, credit card or wire transfer. Membership dues must be received within 60 days of application. New members are entitled to all member benefits once dues have been received.
For other questions or comments please contact Amy Ephrem.